Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I can be charter members of the Interference dead languages club. :wink:

Hades, yes! :hi5:

I took three years of Sanskrit in college. (Or was it four?) SO FUCKING HARD. 70% was an A. I was thrilled to get a B that second or third year. I could read a little of the words on the Indian art at LACMA for a few years, but I couldn't do it now.

Did I know this? I can't believe you took three years. I've been teaching myself Sanskrit for fun in my free time. It is difficult for sure, and I love using examples from it when my students complain about Latin being hard. I can say this for sure...if I hadn't had Latin and Greek first, I don't know if I could even make sense of Sanskrit. Moving back from Latin to Greek to Sanskrit, though, is working out well for me.

"I'm madly in anger with you." I laughed for about five minutes straight when I first heard that line.

My favorite part about St. Anger is the drum tone. It's like Lars threw his kit in a dumpster and decided to beat the underside of an empty Folgers can with a pencil instead.

If you watch Some Kind of Monster, there's this great part where Lars' dad informs him that the album blows. He basically says "fuck you, dad," and you know the rest. Great movie.

Would you be surprised if I said that I have?

Not at all. I knew only 3 deaf people back when I was studying ASL.

can I ask again to borrow your musket? Please? I won't use it to kill the pirate, I'll just use it to destroy the hard drives he's got all of his pirated stuff stored on. Please? I think it's going to be the only way to get this lame-o to leave me alone.

So far in the 20 minutes I've been watching this soap, one bloke has had a car accident and gotten amnesia, forgetting who his wife is, one man is holding a nun who doesn't look anything like a nun hostage, one woman fainted on a date and had to be raced to hospital by her chivalrous date, one girl is having an out-loud monologue and one woman is trying to defy another man's advances after two lemon drops. It's quite amazing.

21, m, Melbourne

DO+NOT+WANT+_4c916fcb7402478f9a4073a936fd164c.jpg

HeartlandGirl said:
Did I know this? I can't believe you took three years. I've been teaching myself Sanskrit for fun in my free time. It is difficult for sure, and I love using examples from it when my students complain about Latin being hard. I can say this for sure...if I hadn't had Latin and Greek first, I don't know if I could even make sense of Sanskrit. Moving back from Latin to Greek to Sanskrit, though, is working out well for me.

My Sanskrit teacher also taught the Latin and Greek classes at CSULB. He was famous for correcting the translations of the Hare Krishnas that accosted him at the airport when he first arrived in LA from Australia. He was a wonderful, dear man.

Also, my Sanskrit counted as my second language for my elementary teaching credential. They had to call Sacramento, but it counted!

It's the only language I ever had any success with. French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hebrew, and Anglo-Saxon all the better of me, although I really enjoyed that semester of Anglo-Saxon.

I'm confused, did someone deliver chicken parmesan to Cobbler? You have chicken parmesan delivery in Australia?

I make a respectable chicken parma.

Damn it, Cobbler, now I'm hungry.

So I went to zumba tonight, guys.

I've never heard the words "MR. WORLDWIDE!" so many times in a one-hour span of time.

It saddens me that chicken parmigiana is not a well-known and much-loved global phenomenon.

You mean like a piece of breaded chicken with spaghetti sauce and cheese slopped all over it? We have that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom