Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mostly Bar Mitzvah prep, more than anything else. I only studied Hebrew for a year or two, and the second my Bar Mitzvah was over I started to slowly forget the language.

After my Bar Mitzvah (I did so well they asked me to return and read/sing on Yom Kippur) and Hebrew School graduation, my parents signed me up for "Hebrew High", which if I'm not mistaken met every other Saturday morning at the synagogue for advanced language class.

Got tired of that shit pretty quick. Told my father I really didn't care, did not want to go. He let me drop out.

Within a year or so I told him I didn't want to go to synagogue at all anymore. He didn't really put up a fight. We were in a conservative temple but we never kept kosher or anything. I never fasted for Yom Kippur once, didn't even try. I think one year I even encouraged other kids to ditch services to go to the nearby McDonald's.

/blasphemy

Haha, nice. sounds like heavier godspeed you black emperor cracked me up for a good couple minutes.

After my Bar Mitzvah (I did so well they asked me to return and read/sing on Yom Kippur) and Hebrew School graduation, my parents signed me up for "Hebrew High", which if I'm not mistaken met every other Saturday morning at the synagogue for advanced language class.

Got tired of that shit pretty quick. Told my father I really didn't care, did not want to go. He let me drop out.

Within a year or so I told him I didn't want to go to synagogue at all anymore. He didn't really put up a fight. We were in a conservative temple but we never kept kosher or anything. I never fasted for Yom Kippur once, didn't even try. I think one year I even encouraged other kids to ditch services to go to the nearby McDonald's.

/blasphemy

Neither of my parents were Bar or Bat Mitzvah'd, so, when I quit the business they really couldn't say much. My sister never got Bat Mizvah'd cos she just didn't give a shit. We never went to temple, ever, unless it was for a wedding, funeral or Bar Mitzvah...not for the high holidays, not for any holiday. Like all sorts of hypocritical, conservative Jews, we cared a lot more about the cultural/secular aspects of our identity. I really don't know why I did the g-d thing for so long, considering I went agnostic ages ago. :shrug: I turned down that free trip to Israel more than once because I didn't feel like being brainwashed over there. No trip is ever free, especially amongst the tribe.

Fucking Hebrew High, holy shit. I'd have laughed my parents out of town if they had suggested that to me.

What did I fucking tell you?

xpz5eBIh.gif

I really need to unsubscribe from Green Day's facebook page. all it does is depress me beyond words.

I found out recently that not only is my father not a fan of Bruce Springsteen, but he also actively dislikes him. This stunned me, as Springsteen is probably the most beloved musician across my extended family.

His reasons were his voice and his belief that Springsteen is full of himself. Really don't get my father and music.

So you guys don't wanna talk about Treasure Trader? Fucking lame-os

You made it up.

Shut the hell up about languages, and let's all talk about juicing, outdated Shuttlecock references, and whether or not Bono is fat. Fart-knockers.

I'm fluent in sign language, I can somewhat understand Spanish, and I know a handful of words in French and Russian. Does knowing Australian slang count as a foreign language?

I found out recently that not only is my father not a fan of Bruce Springsteen, but he also actively dislikes him. This stunned me, as Springsteen is probably the most beloved musician across my extended family.

His reasons were his voice and his belief that Springsteen is full of himself. Really don't get my father and music.

The next time someone says "My Dad can kick your Dad's ass to you", your reply is "How soon?".

No spoken words said:
The next time someone says "My Dad can kick your Dad's ass to you", your reply is "How soon?".

The Exception can still hold his own, unfortunately. He will dunk over all the other dads, from the free throw line.

Are you sure he's...really your dad?

#lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom