Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:
What about this Zola Jesus/Vampire thing?

I wouldn't press it. It's just kind of these droney soundscapes with Nika doing Nika things. Plus I think it was a vinyl only release. Stridulum and Valusia are musts if you like Conatus. The Spoils is really good too but it's much, much more raw.

And yes, homegirl is fantastic live. It's incredible to see such a massive voice coming from a woman who comes up to about the low end of my man teats.

There is a Korean weightlifter named Kum Sok Kim.

IsrII.jpeg

Neil Young's tour started on Friday. Keeping a close eye on the sets, because I know I'll be attending in October.

Right now, they've got Love and Only Love and Fuckin' Up in the set, which is awesome. Gotta love that Ragged Glory shit. Hope by the time they get here they cut a few of the Americana tracks they have now and replace them with Oh Susanna and High Flyin' Bird, which are easily the highlights of that album.

Done.

What about this Zola Jesus/Vampire thing?

I'm a big fan of this one, but, as Impy said, it is a collection of soundscapes rather than conventional songs. It's a pretty morbid sounding album as well.

Neil Young's tour started on Friday. Keeping a close eye on the sets, because I know I'll be attending in October.

I can't believe I was out of town when he played here last week. I have never seen him.

So, gang. When the FFF lineup came out last month, I was only really impressed with the comics. I remain that way. I'd love some recos from the lineup you think I'd like:

28wp120.jpg

God, that third block of bands looks like its being headlined by half a particular epitaph records compilation circa 2003.

Sorry to bring FYM in here, but regarding that same-sex marriage thread, I really get the impression that this Indy character is just "taking the piss" as Axver said and baiting everyone, and most everyone is taking that bait. Does anyone else get that feeling?

Sorry to bring FYM in here, but regarding that same-sex marriage thread, I really get the impression that this Indy character is just "taking the piss" as Axver said and baiting everyone, and most everyone is taking that bait. Does anyone else get that feeling?

If it was anyone else but indy, I would think so. But he's such a caricature, it makes me wonder sometimes.
His dismissive comment about Pagans made me laugh

I have avoided FYM for a few years now. It's one big circle jerk, and nobody is immune from acting like an asshole in there. For every good discussion there are 50 more that devolve into the same bullshit. However annoying a lot of people on this site find, let's say, Lazarus, that's how I feel about that place.

I have avoided FYM for a few years now. It's one big circle jerk, and nobody is immune from acting like an asshole in there. For every good discussion there are 50 more that devolve into the same bullshit. However annoying a lot of people on this site find, let's say, Lazarus, that's how I feel about that place.

I should totally avoid it too. Something about the way certain people post in there turns me into a complete asshat. It's mostly reactionary, but still, it's not like I can't just stay away from it

It's probably a sign that we have a few people with political science degrees as regulars in Bang and Clatter who never post there.

Cool song, Cobbz.

If it was anyone else but indy, I would think so. But he's such a caricature, it makes me wonder sometimes.
His dismissive comment about Pagans made me laugh

The reason I say it is that he seems to have a clear pattern. He says something inflammatory, at which point people justifiably get offended and proceed to call him out on it for three pages. He then comes back with something completely unrelated but equally inflammatory, and the process starts all over again. Seems like conspicuous trolling to me.

iron yuppie said:

He's not. He has a sense of humor so he can rub people the wrong way by not differentiating his sarcasm from his regular posting, which is a lot easier to do when you are already posting things that get people riled up. He genuinely believes in what he is saying, though. His various arguments can be summed up as simply being terrified of change. He is, I believe, middle aged, so that is not an uncommon thing.

The reason I say it is that he seems to have a clear pattern. He says something inflammatory, at which point people justifiably get offended and proceed to call him out on it for three pages. He then comes back with something completely unrelated but equally inflammatory, and the process starts all over again. Seems like conspicuous trolling to me.

It might just be a case of him being unable to defend most of his beliefs from a purely rational perspective, so he avoids it all together. But I can see your point. Who knows

I think he enjoys playing the FYM "martyr" a bit.

I'm still reading, but I'm getting better at not letting it get to me.

For those who wanted a picture: this is me at the top of the Kilimanjaro. I look really pleased with myself. :lol:

331558_391876990868140_1787688262_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom