Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort. - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:45 AM   #826
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:37 PM
I can't sleep, guys. I'm dangerously close to being responsible and owning a house.

Congrats to Laz on his movie. Maybe it'll play Sundance next January.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #827
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
I can't sleep, guys. I'm dangerously close to being responsible and owning a house.
Hooray! Congratulations.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #828
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
daaaaaaaaaamn. Good luck! Would love to see them. On a scale of iphone camera to RED 5k, what kind of equipment do you have?

Got really lucky because my good friend's boyfriend saved up a shitload of money from doing post-production effects work and bought his own RED Scarlet camera. And my friend is producing the film with me so she convinced him to shoot everything we have so far.

Thanks for all the encouragement, CockForce.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #829
45:33

Local Time: 09:37 AM
This is pretty cool. Dude apparently took drugs and then did a self-portrait. Pretty sure he'd be dead if he did all these drugs, but still, cool to look at.

Absinthe

Ambien

Mushies

Tons more here - Bryan Lewis Saunders - DRUGS
Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #830
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
That last picture in particular kind of freaks me out. *Blinks*

Love the color scheme in the second one, though.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #831

So the lead singer of Surfer Blood is a fucking asshole, as it turns out: Surfer Blood's John Paul Pitts Arrested for Battery | News | Pitchfork

Now I cannot stand Chris Brown, but he isn't the only "artist" to have beaten a woman.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #832
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Wow, that's horrible and surprising.

I've seen the drug artist's videos before. My favourite of the drawings is probably the bath salts one. I'm surprised he could have been bothered to do anything after two pot brownies.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #833
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
So the lead singer of Surfer Blood is a fucking asshole, as it turns out: Surfer Blood's John Paul Pitts Arrested for Battery | News | Pitchfork

Now I cannot stand Chris Brown, but he isn't the only "artist" to have beaten a woman.
Good god. Unfortunately, though, you're right, way too many examples of musicians doing such things. I didn't realize, "Don't beat up your girlfriend/wife" was that difficult a concept for some people to grasp .

If I ever heard about any of my favorite musicians (or actors) doing that to their girlfriends or wives, they would lose me as a fan. I can look past a lot of less than savory behavior from musicians or actors (drug use-my entertainment interests would be severely limited if I judged my tastes on that, and even affairs-I don't condone them, but people make mistakes and do stupid things sometimes, and if you learn from that stuff and better yourself, then we're good), but there are some things you just do NOT do to people.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Wow, that's horrible and surprising.

I've seen the drug artist's videos before. My favourite of the drawings is probably the bath salts one. I'm surprised he could have been bothered to do anything after two pot brownies.
Wil Anderson was telling a story about this 17yo girl he met at Splendour the other night. She didn't have enough money to get in, or something like that. So she made a batch of brownies, normal, non-pot brownies, and sold them for $15 each outside the gate. Every time someone came up to her and said "what's in these for them to cost $15?" she just winked and said nothing. She sold like 50 in an hour, made a shitload of cash and had a great weekend... as a whole bunch of people ate normal brownies that cost $15 each.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #835
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Hahaha, nice. I'd be annoyed if I were one of those suckers, but I can't diss such entrepreneurial skills. I wonder how many people were getting all teenager-on-non-alcoholic-beer and going WHOA MAN I CAN REALLY FEEL THE MUSIC
Old 08-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #836
Blue Crack Addict

Kind of a bizarre version of the placebo effect, that idea . That's hilarious.

Damnit, now I want a brownie.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #837
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
This is pretty cool. Dude apparently took drugs and then did a self-portrait. Pretty sure he'd be dead if he did all these drugs, but still, cool to look at.

Absinthe

Ambien

Mushies

Tons more here - Bryan Lewis Saunders - DRUGS
Looks like Dan Deacon.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #838
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Wil Anderson was telling a story about this 17yo girl he met at Splendour the other night. She didn't have enough money to get in, or something like that. So she made a batch of brownies, normal, non-pot brownies, and sold them for $15 each outside the gate. Every time someone came up to her and said "what's in these for them to cost $15?" she just winked and said nothing. She sold like 50 in an hour, made a shitload of cash and had a great weekend... as a whole bunch of people ate normal brownies that cost $15 each.
That's brilliant.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #839
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:

Absinthe

The guy had one shot of Absinthe and he painted that?? Absinthe doesn't do shit any you'd need much more than one small glass to feel anything (ie drunk)
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #840
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

There's a bloke named Jonathan Sterne who just wrote a book on the history of the mp3 format. I found this comment from in an interview with Pitchfork to be interesting:

"When we think about music piracy or unauthorized copying, we normally think about it in terms of a record industry and an end user. But I actually think there's a more important relationship involving the conduit industries, which are as much media industries as the recording industry. These people benefit tremendously from file sharing. My favorite example of this comes from 2001, when Sony Music (the record label) joins a suit against Napster put forward by the Recording Industry Association of America at the same time Sony (the consumer electronics manufacturer) releases a CD player that can play mp3s. Where do you think those mp3s come from? You could say the same thing for the initial iPod.

Maybe now that the iTunes store is old enough, there are people in the world who have bought everything natively digital and didn't rip or download anything. But for a very long time in the 2000s, the ISPs, people selling hard drives, people selling bandwidth, people selling music playback gadgets, and even people selling new computers all benefitted greatly from file sharing. They had a huge economic interest in it. This is a big debate in Silicon Valley; the Free Culture movement. Content provision is something that helps amplify search engines, ISPs, and other companies that depend on people going out and finding content to make money."

I had not considered that there are companies and industries that benefit financially from file-sharing, as it is so often presented as a net loss for everyone involved except the consumer.