Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, gang. When the FFF lineup came out last month, I was only really impressed with the comics. I remain that way. I'd love some recos from the lineup you think I'd like:

[FFF lineup jpg]
I'm always proud of the musical rock I live under when one of these comes out and I know next to no one on the bill.
2tabw.gif
I thought this was disturbing at first, now I'm just sort of mesmerized.

I know. I'm excited for it. I just wish I could go. They're not coming anywhere near here.

X performing Los Angeles is better than anything else on that entire bill.
Refused would like some words with you . . .

That lineup is actually pretty awesome from top to bottom. Tons of stuff I'd like to see there. Hell, the presence of a "Weird" Al Tribute Band alone will probably justify all three days admission.

Girl Talk
Charlie XCX
Anamanaguchi
PIL
Edward Sharpe
Explosions in the Sky
Lucero
Cursive
Dum Dum Girls
The Jezabels
Fang Island
Japandroids

Those are the big must-sees for me. Charlie XCX especially. I'm so in love with her right now.

Green Day have released a new promo photo for their new album. Billie Joe is doing duckface.

I think my only option now is to kill myself for ever liking this "punk" band whose frontman wouldn't know punk if it kicked him in his ovaries.

Reggo said:
Green Day have released a new promo photo for their new album. Billie Joe is doing duckface.

I think my only option now is to kill myself for ever liking this "punk" band whose frontman wouldn't know punk if it kicked him in his ovaries.

So I heard he new offspring single on the radio and for some reason it made me think that it will be (some adjective I couldn't decide on. Sad? Pathetic? Funny? None of them really fit) in a couple years, because I can't imagine Billie joe can pass up on the shameless cash grab of a 20th anniversary dookie any more than he can admit to the bulk of his current fan base that they're just that old.

That's awesome. It makes me not feel bad about what I do in my spare time.

For whatever reason, I thought Niels was older. .
And ha, I'll take that as a compliment.

I have no idea how old most people on here are, though I'm guessing laz is very old.

No spoken words said:

Wow I botched that. In my defense, we haven't dropped Hot Rice or sensual journey jokes in a long while.

bono_212 said:
Girl Talk
Charlie XCX
Anamanaguchi
PIL
Edward Sharpe
Explosions in the Sky
Lucero
Cursive
Dum Dum Girls
The Jezabels
Fang Island
Japandroids

Those are the big must-sees for me. Charlie XCX especially. I'm so in love with her right now.

Charli is also one of my most anticipated of the weekend. And most of these are already either on my schedule or sworn off of it, but thank you for taking the time to respond. I'll look into Anamanaguchi and PIL.

p4k's got a cool interactive thing going on... pick and rank your favourite albums since the site began in 96.

Mine: List by Daniel Paproth / The People's List: Top Albums 1996-2011 / Presented by Pitchfork and Converse

I was bored so I did a list as well: List by Zdravko Gunj / The People's List: Top Albums 1996-2011 / Presented by Pitchfork and Converse

Thanks for reminding me how utterly ridiculous Pitchfork is. I understand not having in the database some obscure Croatian, Serbian, French or Mexican bands I had, but not having bands like Porcupine Tree, God Is An Astronaut, The Charlatans and Electric Wizard in your database at all?

But let's all have lists with 100% indie hipster rock on them, because that's so much more fun!

That sounded more bitter than I actually am right now. :wink:

I wonder if Axver did this, how many album covers we would actually see...

So, gang. When the FFF lineup came out last month, I was only really impressed with the comics. I remain that way. I'd love some recos from the lineup you think I'd like:

28wp120.jpg

Now that I have my new lenses, this list is easier to read.

If nothing else is going on, and there's nothing on TV, and you just took some Sudafed for that runny nose so you won't be sleeping anytime soon, and no cute girl is talking to you, go see Valient Thorr. They/he are hard to describe, but I'll try. They opened, successfully, for Motorhead when we saw them, and the lyrics and onstage rants are filled with exhortations to live a good, happy life, doing kind things to others, all with a few naughty words and metal-type music and outfits. They're a one-trick pony, but entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom