Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be doing that tomorrow night. It's supposed to be mid-90s tomorrow, so that will be quite blissful. Much better than my sweltering apartment.

Nice! Sounds like fun, hope you have a good time.

If you're looking for cooler weather, feel free to come here. It's been incredibly nice this last week or so temperature-wise. Hell, tomorrow night they're saying it could get into the low 40s for our low. Bit early, but I'll gladly take it.

I like Jack White's music. I've only heard a couple White Stripes albums-Get Behind Me, Satan, which I quite liked, and Icky Thump, but that one I've only heard once and it was a while back, so harder to comment on it. And then I know a handful of other songs from his various solo and band works. But I like what I've heard.

I don't understand why some people don't think Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car isn't the most awesome song ever.

The live version is nucking futs. DADDY'S GONNA PAY

U2 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car + [Telephone Call] (ZOO TV Live in Sydney) - YouTube

The first thing I thought of upon seeing that is that it's really strange to watch this and then think of U2 in the '80s or the '00s and realize it's the same band.

Great performance, though-that is a weird, weird song, but yeah, it's good stuff. I like the weird voice Bono affected during his speech, too.

Zooropa does have some fine songs on it, yes. "Numb" and "Lemon" are fantastic, "The First Time" is beautiful, and as I've said before, "Stay" is one of my top 5 U2 songs of all-time, so that alone makes the album worthwhile.

And I like "Babyface", too. Sue me :).

Damn, now I want to watch my 1990-2000 U2 video DVD.

LM, thanks for that "Summer Breeze" clip. Nice version!

tumblr_m5qb9vHoH31ro5z7mo1_400.jpg

Cobalt's chomping at the bit for LXIV

the next thread maker should unsheathe the shackles of history and go with Eccentric Audio Discussion 1

Erratic Audio Discourse

This thread is going to leave us too soon. I've seen the next thread, and it terrifies me.

I really like this song. When I was at the Pilgrim Centre in India, I listened to the five Seals and Crofts songs I bought repeatedly. They are so soothing without being pablum.

I used to watch Midnight Special religiously.

Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts (Live - HDS).wmv - YouTube

I had that on some cassette that my dad had recorded from the radio when I was very young. Had no idea who it was, but I always liked the song. Hadn't thought about it in ages, this makes me happy.

Amurrica!!!! :rockon:

(for the record, I'm happy the allies won and am proud of what was accomplished. I just think the good guys vs bad guys idea is extremely juvenile)

That type of anti-good guy thought will get you placed in an internment camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom