Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to rip CDs into MP3s when the first players were introduced. Not saying the companies didn't benefit from file sharing, but the "Where do you think those mp3s came from?" can easily be answered with "My CD collection that I bought"

"....They had a huge economic interest in it. This is a big debate in Silicon Valley; the Free Culture movement. Content provision is something that helps amplify search engines, ISPs, and other companies that depend on people going out and finding content to make money."

But if the people who create the content that gets "provided" don't make enough money to pay the rent, they won't create that content anymore. Then content provision stops, and the money flow to the providers stops as well.

But if the people who create the content that gets "provided" don't make enough money to pay the rent, they won't create that content anymore. Then content provision stops, and the money flow to the providers stops as well.

That makes sense, but I think companies, much like individuals, tend to think in terms of immediate benefit, perhaps hoping to adapt later when the well runs dry. I'm not promoting file-sharing at all; I just thought it was an interesting perspective.

Zooropa is still Mt. Rushmore material. Like, all-time history of music Mt. Rushmore. Hallelujah.

Holy shit, Lemon sounds like it's melting. And when Daddy's Gonna Pay kicks back in with YOU'VE GOT A HEAD FULL OF TRAFFIC and rattles my speakers, that's bliss. What a beautiful yet distant record. It sounds like it's transmitting from Mars but still manages to communicate the usual oversized U2 emotions that make hipsters uncomfortable.

Zooropa is still Mt. Rushmore material. Like, all-time history of music Mt. Rushmore. Hallelujah.

Holy shit, Lemon sounds like it's melting. And when Daddy's Gonna Pay kicks back in with YOU'VE GOT A HEAD FULL OF TRAFFIC and rattles my speakers, that's bliss. What a beautiful yet distant record. It sounds like it's transmitting from Mars but still manages to communicate the usual oversized U2 emotions that make hipsters uncomfortable.

:up:

People shat all over Zooropa when it was released, but it's held up better than nearly every piece of junk they were playing on the radio at the time.

I've been listening to the album for a decade come October (wtf, old) and it's one of the U2 albums still growing on me. Achtung Baby, TUF and Boy are also on that list. It's pretty interesting. I always secretly thought I might grow out of U2, but no. Not at all. Some of it keeps improving. Some of it doesn't (War, basically all of the 00s stuff), but what can you do.

Hey Jive, how fucking good is Dog Man Star? With Daddy's Gonna Pay and this, I've already heard half a dozen songs about heroin today!

Dog Man Star is fucking awesome. Best Suede album (I think Laz disagrees) and one of the big 90s albums for me, so I've got a lot of nostalgia for it. It sounds a little dated now, but still, solid album

Random: Anyone in here take supplements? I somewhat recently overhauled my diet and also started taking a daily multivitamin (nothing crazy as far as supplements go, but I had previously always just got my vitamins from food). Anyway, I get a sore stomach for about half an hour after taking it (I take it with food, so I doubt that's the problem). happen to anyone else? It's not a huge deal and won't stop me from using them, it's just kind of annoying

I take tons of supplements and that doesn't happen to me. What's the brand? Maybe try some digestive enzymes and/or probiotics. I personally would try a different brand. You might be having a reaction to one of the fillers or something. I take multis that are made from food. There are various brands like Standard Process, New Chapter, some others I can't think of right now. But they're much easier to digest.

They're Bayer One-A-Day for Men. I'm not really concerned with brand or price, so if there's another kind that's better, I'd switch. I'll give these ones a little more time first

I think that is a very low quality multi with tons of fillers that you don't need and which are giving you a stomach ache. Get some high quality stuff from a health food store.

Yeah, look at the ingredients of what you're taking - how many do recognize? Does this look like nutrition?

Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Ascorbic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Gelatin, Maltodextrin; Less than 2% of: Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Cholecalciferol, Chromium Chloride, Crospovidone, Cupric Oxide, Cyanocobalamin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Folic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Lycopene, Manganese Sulfate, Niacinamide, Phytonadione, Polyethylene Glycol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Selenate, Soybean Oil, Starch, Stearic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Triacetin, Vitamin A Acetate, Zinc Oxide.

Compared with this (too long to cut & paste here):

Every Man®’s One Daily Multi-vitamin - Whole-food multi-vitamins

Of course the price difference is huge and there are many high quality multis cheaper than this, but just to illustrate how important it is to read ingredients.

Laaaaaaame. Recommendation?

Sorry, I edited above and had mentioned New Chapter and Standard Process as two. But they are both expensive. There is another one I'm just blanking out on. But look for things that are either made from whole food, or high quality nutraceuticals that will be less expensive but still very good. Sadly I'm better at knowing what the bottle looks like than remembering the brand name. But health food stores usually carry good quality stuff and can recommend several good ones.

I did read it, I just assumed it's a bunch of stuff that I didn't know about. I did a bit of research, and read that they were decent, but figured taking something was better than taking nothing (I'm impulsive, so that doesn't help). Price isn't really an issue though; the feeling of taking vitamins for a long time only to realize they're the shitty kind isn't worth the savings). I'll pick those ones up! Thanks!

On a personal note, I just spent the last four days in a historic house here in Los Angeles directing what will hopefully be my first feature film.

Wow, awesome!

I can't sleep, guys. I'm dangerously close to being responsible and owning a house.

Whoa, terrifying!

Demonoid is gonzo now too :(

Fuck, disappointing.

And when Daddy's Gonna Pay kicks back in with YOU'VE GOT A HEAD FULL OF TRAFFIC and rattles my speakers, that's bliss.

That song, I love it!

Jack White and his band were good, but I wasn't into it, mainly because I could not see at all. Usually I can shift and finagle my sightline into something manageable, but not last night. I finally gave up and went way to the back, where it sucked, but at least I could see them.

I hate that venue. They have boat shows and the like there; it's a big warehouse, and they just throw up some dividers, seats and a stage for shows. Yuck.

I did read it, I just assumed it's a bunch of stuff that I didn't know about. I did a bit of research, and read that they were decent, but figured taking something was better than taking nothing (I'm impulsive, so that doesn't help). Price isn't really an issue though; the feeling of taking vitamins for a long time only to realize they're the shitty kind isn't worth the savings). I'll pick those ones up! Thanks!

Well, I think a lot of those Bayer ingredients are some synthetic form of vitamins but if I don't recognize most of them then I am suspicious. And that they give you a stomach ache says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom