Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Boy said:
Well, that would definitely give us something to talk about.

Has anyone else here read Nick Hornby's Juliet, Naked? The plot revolves around an internet forum for fans obsessed with a singer/songwriter who abruptly retired 20+ years earlier. Some of the forum members stalk him, etc. It totally made me think of what Interference would become if U2 retired.

Yes. And yes. Pretty decent book.

Is there no place I can see the Muse and Kate Bush performances from last night? Anybody?

Probably in the minority for thinking this is up there with the best Built to Spill songs, but holy wow it's so pretty:

Built to Spill Fling - YouTube

Took me a long, long time to get into There's Nothing Wrong With Love, but now I definitely consider it one of the quintessential indie rock records, back when calling something indie rock held a modicum of meaning.

One of the DJ's on the indie station here still plays Car relatively often.

I probably don't talk about it enough, but Keep It Like a Secret is absolutely one of my favorite albums of all time. Such a fantastic rock album, makes me happy every time I hear it.

I think I placed Keep It Like A Secret in my top 10 on that list thing Pitchfork is doing. For my money, it's one of the best albums of the 90s.

If I go to Riot Fest, I'll finally see them. It's absurd that I haven't yet.

some asshole named Phillip Phillips is currently #1 on the US itunes single chart

Oh man, guess he won American Idol in May, plus the song was played during the Olympics.

I wonder if I am going to cave and buy this new album from Dave Matthews Band. They are a case of diminishing returns if I have ever seen one.

That prick Dr Luke probably produced the bulk of the tracks.

oh no. this guy wrote it

Drew-Pearson-409x5001.jpg

I have kind of a sick fascination digging through some of these links. Don't want to get my head up my ass about hired songwriters, but the industry still feels weird. This guy wrote for a label that Jimmy Iovine knew, he pitched to the label who showed it to Iovine who told Phillip "Phil" Phillips to sing it.

Oh man, guess he won American Idol in May, plus the song was played during the Olympics.

Yep, that's the guy. I fucking hate that song so much.

I wonder if I am going to cave and buy this new album from Dave Matthews Band. They are a case of diminishing returns if I have ever seen one.

I am 100% honest when I say his last album was my favorite, and I have incredibly high expectations for the new.

oh no. this guy wrote it

Drew-Pearson-409x5001.jpg

I have kind of a sick fascination digging through some of these links. Don't want to get my head up my ass about hired songwriters, but the industry still feels weird. This guy wrote for a label that Jimmy Iovine knew, he pitched to the label who showed it to Iovine who told Phillip "Phil" Phillips to sing it.

I read a great article about one of these "hit makers", a lyricist, not too long ago Forget her name now. The process both fascinated and sort of repelled me all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom