Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also good ocean-watching music. I think it'll be good next time I'm hiking in the mountains. I think it fits any situation.

Well, maybe not a hot-dog eating contest. Unless it were on film in slow motion. Perhaps in black and white.

You've drunk thousands of beers many times. Are you in the millions yet, overall?

WELCOME TOO PEEF'S

OVERR A MILLION DRUNK

I've spent the last 36 hours or so drinking beer and watching movies. Got like a thousand free Blockbuster rentals, you guys.

I think the summer when you realize you wasted four years will raise the alcoholism ceiling a bit.

I graduate in December, so I get a head start!

It's my 21st summer and about to be my senior year of college. I am pretty sure this is the peak of my drinking habits.

Famous last words!
I bet many alcoholics said the same thing. :wink:

I'm only starting college in 5 weeks so I might have to shut up about drinking by then.

I didn't either, I just assumed he was older, had a wife and kids or something, work and having a life kept him from posting a whole hell of a lot. Turns out he's too busy doing cool shit like epic mountain climbs and safaris.

I was wondering how he'd handle the "Life's a piece of shit" line. Awesome that they let him sing it

I look forward to NBC bleeping it out, and then Bob Costas apologizing to any viewers who were offended by such British indecency.

i'm so glad nbc had the common sense to put the closing ceremonies (god, i can't believe it's over already) online. i wish they'd done it with the opening too, but hey, better they learned from that and did this than just say "we'll try better in 2014" or something.

You know, I like the general concept of 9gag and like a good chunk of what's on there, but if you read it for more than 10 minutes in a row, you notice a few things:

1. People who contribute to 9gag are like twelve and don't know the first thing about storytelling or how punchlines work
2. All internet comedy is a series of interchangeable emoticons and punchlines that are subsequently applied to everyday situations
3. Family Guy is the most influential comedy of the past decade

The problem is that most people are not nearly as funny as they think they are and when they see someone post something funny they have to add their two cents until it gets to the point where something has been so overused that even the original post has lost all merit.

PhilsFan said:
I didn't realize how young you were.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.
I wouldn't count on me to much. I'm not the biggest drinker.

Although I do live in Belgium, where there are more beers than people and where everyone starts drinking when they're 14.

A site where everyone can post memes. It's great when you have absolutely nothing to do.

I heard someone say the word meme out loud once and felt compelled to punch them in the face.

I have no idea if it was correctly pronounced, just that it sounded idiotic. No conversation should start with, " so do you know that meme that's been making the rounds..."

It's pronounced 'meem'. It had a meaning before being applied to internet jokes. Richard Dawkins created it to describe behaviour patterns that spread through cultures. It's a play on 'gene'

The more you know
--------========*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom