Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that dude is still kickin and doing okay. He was a good man.

Same, mate. And it's kinda fucked up because I don't think any of us will actually ever know. Unless he comes back and starts posting again.

Because he was the kind of guy who was cautious enough, and not foolish enough to give too much personal information away on a public message board.

He gave us some tidbits. I know we were at the same university at the same time, which is kind of wild. And he lived in Chicago for a while. Other than that, who fucking knows?

What a god damn legend.

I even had conversations with him off of the forum about Japan, but I still don't know his name or anything. It really IS upsetting, TBH. Like, for most of the people who have left Interference, we still know people who keep in touch with them. But he just dropped off the damn map, and it makes me sad, because I know he was going through shit.

And then I feel like that's too invasive of me to feel that way, but I don't care, I come to care about people and I just like to be reassured that they're doing well.

Shouter was around more when I wasn't so it's not the same like of I was never to see mofo, Marty, or Martha post again. But yeah, I hope that dude is doing alright. All the buttmeat and sex church to that guy.

Sometimes I still don't know what to make of Internet friendship, but sometimes I do wonder about various people I used talk to or play games with, whether it's my old WoW guildies or the randoooom people or whoever. Which is strange, cos I do not think about anyone from offline from high school for example.

Last edited:
God damn. The new Deerhunter. Es good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
It is. They're an awesome band really. They do something different with each album. The only thing that stays the same is the consistent high quality of their output.

I don't know if it's the same in the US or Australia but here in Belgium Ellie Goulding has been ever-present on the radio for at least a year now. Her own singles are big hits as is that song with Major Lazer. Love Me Like You Do is pretty good but nothing comes close to Lights though. That's one of my favorite pop songs of the last five years.

Lights is one of my favorite songs period, but she's pissing me off with this string of features and singles with no new album.

Also her most recent single is TERRIBLE, and that's got me worried.

Are you talking about On My Mind? Because that song is indeed terrible. Burn was awful as well.

I have a hell of a lot of music to catch up on. More time with Beach House and hearing the new Deerhunter are the top priorities right now. Got that Neon Indian joint out now as well.

Are you talking about On My Mind? Because that song is indeed terrible. Burn was awful as well.

Yep, that's the one. I liked Burn as a sports arena type song. They played it at the basketball games I used to work at and it was a lot of fun there. But I can understand why people don't like it.

Looking at her singles, though, she's really fairly impressive, especially counting the songs she's a featured artist on.

Yeah this might become my favorite Deerhunter album, the sound of this one is right up my alley.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't know if it's the same in the US or Australia but here in Belgium Ellie Goulding has been ever-present on the radio for at least a year now.

Literally all I know about her is that she mimed at the AFL grand final.

The sound was so abysmal on telly (and presumably at the MCG) that I could barely tell there was music playing. At least they sorted it out a little for friggin' Cobbler to embarrass himself by enjoying Bryan Adams! :happy:

Literally all I know about her is that she mimed at the AFL grand final.

The sound was so abysmal on telly (and presumably at the MCG) that I could barely tell there was music playing. At least they sorted it out a little for friggin' Cobbler to embarrass himself by enjoying Bryan Adams! :happy:

Bryan Adams was GOAT. You shush.

Friggin' Ashley too, then!

I'm about three-quarters through the new Neon Indian... and it's left almost no mark on me. :(

I've got SO much to catch up on. This is the list from the Google Doc I have, not counting future releases of course

Kamasi Washington - The Epic [ipod]
CZARFACE - Every Hero Needs a Villain [spotify]
Vince Staples - Summertime ‘06 [spotify]
Miguel - Wildheart [spotify]
Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - Twelve Reasons to Die II [spotify]
Julio Bashmore - Knockin’ Boots [spotify]
Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss [spotify]
Lil B & Chance the Rapper - [ipod]
FKA twigs - M3LL155X [spotify]
Yo La Tenga - Stuff Like That There [spotify]
Thunderbitch - s/t [spotify]
Jay Rock - 90059 [spotify]
CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye [spotify]
Youth Lagoon - Savage Hills Ballroom [spotify]
Disclosure - Caracal [buy]
The Dead Weather - Dodge & Burn [spotify]
New Order - Music Complete [spotify]
Dungen - Allas Sak [spotify]
Big Grams - s/t [spotify]
Deafheaven - New Bermuda [npr]
Chad Valley - Entirely New Blue [spotify]
Beach House - Depression Cherry [ipod]
The Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness [buy]
Ali Barter - AB EP [ipod]
Nils Frahm - Late Night Tales [spotify]
Protomartyr - The Agent Intellect [spotify]
Nicolas Jaar - Fight [spotify]
Mark Kozelek - Down in the Willow Garden [Caldo Verde]
The Game - The Documentary 2 [spotify]
The Decemberists - Florasongs [spotify]
Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars [spotify]
Neon Indian - VEGA INTL. Night School [spotify]
Magical Cloudz - Are You Alone? [spotify]
Deerhunter - Fading Frontier [spotify]

:scream:

Bryan Adams was GOAT. You shush.

brian-adams-picture-17.jpg

You're not wrong.

This is really great: Hot Chip have been doing live covers of Dancing in the Dark and All My Friends and they've just released a studio version of the mashup. Essentially it's Dancing in the Dark done in the style of All My Friends, featuring the first verse of the latter towards the end. I love it :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom