Random Music Talk XXV: Friggin Cobbler is too Friggin Slow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From crazy bitch to my question:

So I lstened to the new REM album on NPR today. Is there something wrong with me for being the one that doesn't think the sun shines out of their collective ass? Or am I misreading their fans?

A new Childish Gambino EP came out today.

"Everything I'm sayin' I'm super-saiyan like Goku"

:heart: Well, there was a way into my heart I didn't know existed.

martha said:

So I lstened to the new REM album on NPR today. Is there something wrong with me for being the one that doesn't think the sun shines out of their collective ass? Or am I misreading their fans?

No! I don't get the love at all.

mobvok said:

Gonna have to get this. That's awesome.

Even the most ardent fans tend to talk very highly about their first seven or so albums. There's not nearly as much collective praise for the last eight or so.

Note: I've only listened to the first seven. I like them.

Hey everybody, better hightail it over to the Pseudocock thread! Elfa just bumped it after no one had posted in TWO WEEKS.

I think he missed the memo that it's over.

bah! although i'm not bothered by it being out there.

although i don't know if one night in auckland counts as a tour...sad excuse of a tour in fact.
i don't need this pressure on
i don't need this pressure on
i don't need this pressure oooooon

I know this isnt the proper place for it, but i'm not going to make a new thread.
Anyway, I have a batshit insane, geriatric lady for a neighbour. Every time we see her it's "remember to take out the recycling tonight". She once claimed that squirrels had gotten a full container of pills out of our garbage and were running around high in her front yard. We had a Christmas party in December that got kinda loud and instead of asking us to be quite, she started hitting our door with a broom while yelling "SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU DONT OWN THE UNIVERSE!"
Today we got this in the mail:
holy shit. that's worse (better?) than every other batshit old neighbour i've had, combined.

holy shit. that's worse (better?) than every other batshit old neighbour i've had, combined.

A few years back, I had this retired man from the coast guard who used to rev up chainsaws in his garage at 3 in the morning. After a while, he put up all these security cameras on his front lawn. He always called me Trevor when he was out walking his chihuahua. Asshole.

Now I have run-of-the-mill white trash and a drummer that loves the fuck out of drumming. Friggin Indiana.

And boy oh boy, it brings the swagness. It's his most fully realized release yet. Gonna spend some time spinning it tomorrow to find my choicest lines, although I'm already pleased he appreciates how hot Brenda Song is. I'm more pumped for IAMDONALD than any show in recent memory.

What's that? Standup/hiphop??

Related, I'm back at uni today, and I'm in my writing class right now and looking around the room and thinking Jeff Winger would probably slay about five of these girls after class. If only I was Jeff Winger.

Oh don't mistake my commentary as a result of that nerve being hit. It just struck me as funny that you bring it up still.

Well it struck me as funny that no one had posted in there in 2 weeks. I saw it under the last post column when I had the Lemonade Stand page up, and clicked on it to confirm my suspicion that it was dead in the water since it's been so busy here in Random.

Just as your commentary isn't evidence that you care, my little dig isn't either. I don't lose sleep over this, you know. There are a lot of things I ridicule on a daily basis that I DGAF about.

:shrug:

A few years back, I had this retired man from the coast guard who used to rev up chainsaws in his garage at 3 in the morning. After a while, he put up all these security cameras on his front lawn. He always called me Trevor when he was out walking his chihuahua. Asshole.

Now I have run-of-the-mill white trash and a drummer that loves the fuck out of drumming. Friggin Indiana.
bwahaha, the fact that he had a chihuahua is hilarious. and a little scary. i kinda wonder if one of our neighbours has security cameras up or something. it's an old retired couple yet they're somehow aware of shit that goes on at 3 am. if you dare to put a trash bag two inches too far to the left for their liking, you get some passive-aggressive note about it in your mailbox. that coupled with the fact that there's someone who loves to wait until around that time of night to make sure 500 times their car alarm is actually set and the house behind ours has a couple even older people who leave their tv (or radio idk) on loud enough so i can make out every word 24/7, ugh. i tell myself it could be worse, i've had far worse neighbours before.

is he at least a good drummer, though?

And boy oh boy, it brings the swagness. It's his most fully realized release yet. Gonna spend some time spinning it tomorrow to find my choicest lines, although I'm already pleased he appreciates how hot Brenda Song is. I'm more pumped for IAMDONALD than any show in recent memory.
It's much more consistent than Culdesac, for sure. I'm loving it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom