Random Music Talk XCIX - Hating on Mediocre Australian Bands with Keiran and the Gang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn, I don't know if I can finish this...none of this shit is any of my business. Way too fucking personal and embarrassing for her.

You're in the wrong part of Massachusetts, 70 with a nice ocean breeze coming thru the windows here.

Well, west of Worcester is always the wrong part of Massachusetts. We're practically New York.

So my mom is hanging out with Night Ranger off and on this evening. I'm not sure she's going to survive this, it's basically the greatest thing to ever happen, for her.

Hanging out in Where the Album Has No Name earlier.... I was unaware that U2 were contractually obligated to meet certain performance expectations and deadlines when I buy their albums. Maybe I can sue.

Turns out the idiots only got a gram bag between seven of them. So it barely did anything.

It literally sold less than 54 copies here in Aus.

It's not even that it's musically bad. There was only one truly awful song on it. But, Jesus...just write a journal, dude. It's one thing to hear a "Come back to me" song and it be about a non-specific person, or not even a real person.

When the entire album is a detailed account of how sorry you are and begging your wife to come back, it passes pathetic and marches right down creeperstown way.
So uh, is Night Ranger going to be your new dad?

Dude, If my mom didn't have to go to work tonight (she works midnights), we may have had some trouble :lol:. She called me to tell me about the whole thing and I've never heard her quite so excited about anything, except for the day she met Gwendoline Christie. The album with Sister Christian on it was the very first rock album my Preacher's Wife Grandmother ever bought her, so it's very special to her and the band is one of her favorites. She doesn't go to a lot of concerts or anything like that, so for her to have had the opportunity to meet the band (and Great White as well) was a really big thing for her. I guess the guys from Great White were a lot friendlier, though. She got the shirt sleeves from the lead singer's shirt :lol:

I'm now imagining an album full of songs in the vein of Nick Cave's Love Letter, just with run-of-the-mill R&B instrumentation, average vocals and lamer lyrics.

I'm a little surprised it's worked out so bad. Sure he copped criticism for Blurred Lines but it was a massive hit. You'd have thought a new album would just be full of crappy crowd-pleasers. I'm sure there would have been tons of EDM producers and bit-part R&B singers and rappers who would have been happy to phone it in for some easy cash.

Hanging out in Where the Album Has No Name earlier.... I was unaware that U2 were contractually obligated to meet certain performance expectations and deadlines when I buy their albums. Maybe I can sue.

Can the awfulness of Stand Up Comedy finally benefit us in some way?

I don't know what he sounded like before Blurred Lines, but I heard he was basically a kind of Chris Isaak but not as good. This album kinda goes back to that, it's pretty understated and mostly features him and the lyrics,because that's the most importat part, of course.

Touch me you're my fantasy
My body is yours
My love is yoursCan't get too much of you baby
I'll never make it without your love
Can't enough of you baby
I'll never make it without your love

What can I say
Oh what can I do
When I'm crazy, so crazy for you
And I try not to show it
And I can't control it
I'm still madly crazy for you
See the birds fly
See the blue sky
See the best times of my life
Watch me crawl, watch me beg
Watch me fall deep
Cause I, I just can't stop
I just can't stop thinking 'bout those days

She was born in Paris
At the age of 21
Love knew her
But she didn't know love
Love didn't hear her when she cried
Love didn't stand by her side
On the most important night, oh yeah
And now she's flyin' high
You can't hurt her no more
And now she's locked the door
Cause you broke the key
And she got a bright spot on her face
Bow that she got that little taste
She just wants more

Etc, etc, etc. It just keeps going like that. I think there were two songs that weren't directly about his ex.

Haven't talked about favourite misheard lyrics for a while, guys, gang.

I've got a few. Regarding one of them, the penny dropped within the last 48 hours.

"One time you were blowing young ruffians"

Another, from Australian singer Sarah Blasko, goes back some years. I think I prefer my version: "If I could now I'd freestyle".

Is it just me, or is posting pictures of your children on a message board one step too far?

That is why God invented PM. But in the end, as they say, to each his own.

Is it just me, or is posting pictures of your children on a message board one step too far?

I find it creepy. I find it creepy when people post gazillions of pictures of their kids on any form of social media. Or maybe that's just annoying. But it's also creepy.

Tommy Ramone died. All the Ramones are dead (minus Marky but he didnt count anyway). Which actually makes me want to listen to a certain modern life is war song. Ha.

The Ramones are probably the most well-known band IWasBored has ever discussed with us.

I was really sad to hear about Tommy. I'll listen to some of their tunes later.

Ramones were a fantastic band. Eno said for The Velvet Underground that everybody who picked up that first album started a band. Everybody who listened to the Ramones found out they actually could easily play an instrument if they wanted to, and many of them did.

RIP Tommy. Such a shame that three of them succumbed to cancer.

Tommy was always one of my favorite Ramones. Listen to It's Alive and really focus in on the drumming; he was a real powerhouse, the engine of a very intense live act. The music itself is simplistic, but the stamina required in punk rock drumming is a tall order.

Last edited:
Is there any truth in the rumour that In a Little While accelerated Joey Ramone's death?

It's only because it kept playing over and over and no one understood why.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Tommy Ramone died. All the Ramones are dead (minus Marky but he didnt count anyway). Which actually makes me want to listen to a certain modern life is war song. Ha.

First news I saw this morning. Sad. If you believe in bands signing deals with the devil, the Ramones must have, all 4 of them gone too young. Never saw Tommy play with them, he quit before I was of concert going age.

Back
Top Bottom