Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also enjoyed discovering that if you do sing a song to a baby over and over again during pregnancy, they recognize it after being born, so she's already totally a huge fan of The Beatles and Tom Petty. Work here = done.

Starting off on the right foot :) :up:. That wouldn't surprise me-probably explains some of my musical taste as well, as I've no doubt my mom was playing and singing along to music when she was pregnant with me. I truly can't think of a time when music wasn't a big part of my family's life.

Thanks everyone!

I also enjoyed discovering that if you do sing a song to a baby over and over again during pregnancy, they recognize it after being born, so she's already totally a huge fan of The Beatles and Tom Petty. Work here = done.

That’s so cool! Congratulations, y’all!

the version of red house from 37:00 to 48:00 is peak hendrix. literally not a single missed note.

"every guitarist is measured by their failure to be jimi hendrix" and there is no stronger evidence for that statement than these 11 minutes.

Last edited:
Ooh a new Dream Theater lead single that sounds like every Dream Theater lead single for the past couple of decades.

Did Petrucci or whoever write this from a self-help book found in an airport bookshop bargain bin?

Every once in a while I dig up that Lord Nefarious misguided Disney villain/Dream Theater song to introduce someone to after they think they’re introduced me the worst song they’ve ever heard.

(Also almost everyone at my job has seen the Brokencyde Freaxxx video at least once because I like to make people suffer)

I loved when Interference did a live listen of that Dream Theatre album.

That was extremely good times with an extremely bad album.

The best bit is that they toured it live in full.

Ooh a new Dream Theater lead single that sounds like every Dream Theater lead single for the past couple of decades.

Did Petrucci or whoever write this from a self-help book found in an airport bookshop bargain bin?

I did find this single to be incredibly boring, especially drumming. it is very basic for a prog band. also yes I did love hat live listening of Astonishing, it was fucking hilarious

also yes I did love hat live listening of Astonishing, it was fucking hilarious

I genuinely cannot believe anyone paid money for that.

Like, some shows literally had no other material. Just the whole album.

They fell out of a Muse album and into Skyrim, and then DT wrote a 4 hour album about it.

I still really enjoyed that album, but would never listen to it again. Just way too long and too much bizarre stuff to not make up for what was really good.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and congratulations, sorry I'm only just getting back to you all, I am kinda feeling like a human being for the first time since last Tuesday.

Woah, there's no Kanye (ye or Kids See Ghosts) in the Pitchfork song top 100.

He's Problematic, which is all they really focus on these days. They don't give a shit about music quality.

I stopped taking their lists seriously when one of their writers openly stated that the Avalanches' Wildflower didn't make their top albums of 2016 list because it didn't fit into their narrative for the year (identity politics, racial injustice) and felt out of time. Of course, it will age better than nearly anything on that list.

Did I miss it or did they fail to add Childish Gambino's This Is America to their list?!?

Pitchfork’s Top Albums list is out today. Pretty decent. I love that Mitski came in first. But omitting Dirty Computer seems like a huge oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom