Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The War on Drugs last night was easily the best show of the year for me so far, and maybe in the top 3 for the 8 or 9 times I've seen them.

They did a sublime version of Eyes to the Wind, and Under the Pressure was a psychedelic swirl down the rabbit hole.

And the Hollywood Bowl still sucks, even though my seat was really great.

Congratulations, Dave!!

How fucking unbelievably shit is the Laneway lineup. Practically nothing I want to see, except a couple of locals I have seen before and could see practically any time I want. By a mile their worst lineup ever. I don't think there will even be a single sideshow of note.

If I was given free tickets, I could make a good weekend out of it, but I wouldn't pay full price for that lineup.

Yeah pretty disappointing. It’s pretty top heavy and the two top both have shows in Aus right around now, which kinda defeats the purpose. However I’ll still be going and more artists will be added.

I'll be going because it's still good value for seeing 10 consecutive hours of live music, but yeah it's like the Splendour lineup all over again.

I could 'see' 10 consecutive hours of live music on Youtube while getting my wine on, and it'd probably be more interesting that whatever this festival is. But hey, I'm about 200 years old and don't give a good goddamn.

I could 'see' 10 consecutive hours of live music on Youtube while getting my wine on, and it'd probably be more interesting that whatever this festival is. But hey, I'm about 200 years old and don't give a good goddamn.

weirdly some acts only come to festivals in Japan; St Vincent, Thundercat, Flying Lotus, etc only came to Japan for Summer Sonic and didnt do stand alone shows, which is just disappointing

I could be one step closer to living the hermit dream life if watching live music on youtube felt the same as doing so in person.

A great jangle pop single, I think this one will appeal to Axver in particular:

The band name doesn't even need to be Cockified.

Wishing a very happy 18th birthday to unquestionably the best song of this millennium, Outkast's "B.O.B.".

When they opened with that at Coachella, my fucking face nearly melted right off.

Huge, huge song.

Wow this Noname album is sitting at a 96 on Metacritic. That's absurdly high for a new release. Will have to give it a listen.

It is very good.

But...the actual mean of the reviews is 89. This is one of the more skewed metascores I've seen. I don't get that site sometimes.

Wishing a very happy 18th birthday to unquestionably the best song of this millennium, Outkast's "B.O.B.".

When they opened with that at Coachella, my fucking face nearly melted right off.

Huge, huge song.

I realized that a couple weeks ago it was old as fuck when I put it on a playlist and spotify told me the year, making me feel old as fuck as well.

I think I said a few pages back when you were wishing happy birthday to hey ya.

Hole in the River is such a sick Crowded House song. Cos on one hand you’ve got this sincere, powerful ballad, but then you’ve also got the dark jazzy funk freakouts. What a ripper

Hole in the River is such a sick Crowded House song. Cos on one hand you’ve got this sincere, powerful ballad, but then you’ve also got the dark jazzy funk freakouts. What a ripper

Don't forget the demo version with Hessie's So Emotional rap!

Seeing Liz Phair tonight on her post-Girly Sound reissue tour. Very nice surprise not listed on the ticket: Speedy Ortiz opening! I had no idea. Damn solid bill for $40.

I love the live version on the live bonus disc on their Recurring Dream best of. First you get Love You 'Til The Day I Die, which segues nicely into Hole In The River. That whole live disc is stellar, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom