Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Alvvays opened for the War on Drugs, and on the way out after the show, the guy behind me was hilariously excusing to his date why all their songs sounded the same. It was along the lines of: When they play shorter, festival shows, they only play around four songs, so those four songs sound really different, but now that they're playing longer shows (that they're still getting used to), the songs do sound alike. But they aren't really all alike.

Dude, the songs all sound the same.

It’s an awful name and I think quite embarrassing to have the vv for a w. Surely they know that they’re not original and many artists have done that with their title recently?

Alvvays opened for the War on Drugs, and on the way out after the show, the guy behind me was hilariously excusing to his date why all their songs sounded the same. It was along the lines of: When they play shorter, festival shows, they only play around four songs, so those four songs sound really different, but now that they're playing longer shows (that they're still getting used to), the songs do sound alike. But they aren't really all alike.

Dude, the songs all sound the same.

This is funny because a two-hour War on Drugs concert is literally just one long song.

Warakurna might be slowly eclipsing Dreamworld and The Dead Heart for best song on Diesel and Dust.

I sometimes think Sell My Soul is the best song on Diesel and Dust. Scratch that, I always think it is.

Ok, best song that isn't The Dead Heart. You get the idea.

Warakurna might be slowly eclipsing Dreamworld and The Dead Heart for best song on Diesel and Dust.

Whichever way you rank them, those are definitely the top three.

Bullroarer fourth.

Great piece.

Too bad he didn't have his full band though.

Thanks mate. Yeah I'd have loved and obviously preferred that, as well as more songs, 1hr10min felt super short, but I'd resigned myself to never seeing him live, so it was still a pleasure. And it was very intimate. Not often you see someone you love so much so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom