Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
154968840ps-58a4b87e5f9b58a3c91a71b3.jpg

:love:

I absolutely do not get this cult of hatred for coriander, which has gained speed online in recent years and seems mainly confined to Americans.

Like, it's a perfectly normal and inoffensive herb. Of all the things to hate. Can we please turn the Internet's collective food rage to disgusting, inedible things like cauliflower or zucchini?

What.

I'd have expected so much better of Grimes, given she's been fairly vocal about women's rights and Musk is kinda notorious on this front.

Oh come on, I don't hate the MCG. That's... absurd. But as I said, avoiding Paul Kelly's cricket songs on the whole.

We all know that, despite its name, the MCG is an AFL venue.

That thread's on smoko, so leave it alone.

Best call of the thread.

Also, they're on tour in July, playing just around the corner from me, so I think I'm obliged to go on smoko and see them.

I love olives, but if you serve them without the stone removed then you are basically Hitler.

Well, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who didn’t know how to say DJ Koze. Thank you for the info.

And I love cilantro and black olives. But kimchi is my favorite food. Being a vegetarian for 18 years has expanded my palate for sure.

My brain wants to say Koh-Zey because of Japanese, but I was saying Cozy cause I assumed that was how it was meant to be. Glad to know we were all saying it wrong, but now right.

I've no idea who he is, but when you folks first mentioned him I read it as "Kohz", one syllable, rhyming with "hose".

From the previous thread:
I would just like to point out, to my understanding, that cilantro is the top part of coriander, so I don't think you need to say cilantrostem. I think it's a given

Just the opposite, If cilantro is the top, then you would have to include stem if you're talking about the bottom.

:shifty:

I've no idea who he is, but when you folks first mentioned him I read it as "Kohz", one syllable, rhyming with "hose".

Yep. That's how I was saying it in my head until this recent discussion

Yep, I've always pronounced it the same^.

Like, it's a perfectly normal and inoffensive herb. Of all the things to hate. Can we please turn the Internet's collective food rage to disgusting, inedible things like cauliflower or zucchini?

Best call of the thread.

Also, they're on tour in July, playing just around the corner from me, so I think I'm obliged to go on smoko and see them.

You had me until this. Zucchini is fucking delicious, dickhead.

Also, The Chats are supporting QOTSA. That's insane.

To continue random herb talk, I think you're right, Hewson, coriander stem and cilantro stem would be synonymous.

Also, The Chats are supporting QOTSA. That's insane.

Yeah, how the hell did that happen. Did Josh Homme spend an evening laughing at the Smoko clip or something?

Zucchini is a really bizarre thing to hate.

It's fucking inedible gunk. The worst thing is going to somebody's place for dinner and it's pot luck and some delicious-looking dish turns out to have a big slab of vegetable vomit in the middle.

I hate this thread title so much. It's called coriander you stupid seppo fucks.

Co-signed.

Also, these fucking seppos probably can't even pronounce the first letter of "herb".

I choose to read it as Santo Cilauro Lovers Club

This is perfect.

I miss when my morning run took me past the "tasteful house":

I'm sorry, are you guys talking about spices in this thread while Grimes is dating a psychotic billionaire who wants to murder people in space?

It's all that gose you've been drinking.

Ha!

I had to look that one up. As you maybe might expect, I am not that well versed in various types of beer.

Speaking of THE KOZE!! I'm into my second listen of Knock Knock and quite enjoying it.

I choose to read it as Santo Cilauro Lovers Club

Hahaha, I totally read this as well.

Courgette sounds a lot better than zucchini.

Shut the fuck up. You're wrong.

Agreed. Also aubergine rather than eggplant (which also sucks).

So you side with me on coriander and then you talk this garbage. Also, eggplant rules. (My palette has REALLY expanded in the past year.)

I'm sorry, are you guys talking about spices in this thread while Grimes is dating a psychotic billionaire who wants to murder people in space?

is he that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom