Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i know you didn't say that but lots of people have. i've been seeing so much fawning over this jackass on the internet the last few hours that it's absurd, even "RIP" is too kind for this sorry excuse for a human, tbh. i'm not annoyed at you personally.

i probably seem crazy heartless to anyone who doesn't know his history, but on that last post i was about to copy in a list of all the violent incidents he's been involved in but decided to delete it because it was getting too long. fuck this dude.

Last edited:
Yeah, saying "Rest In Peace" is usually a positive sentiment for someone who died. If hell was real I'd be hoping this guy was burning in it.

:rolleyes: i can paste in that very long rap sheet i was talking about earlier if you really insist on that comparison to john lennon, mack.

Hey Cobbler -

So I’ve listened to A.A.L. twice now. The first time I thought the beats were good but the vocals/samples weren’t working for me. It was less of a distraction the second time through.

Just a couple early thoughts for you. Thanks for the recommendation.

yeah I mean its like John Lennon and such are such wonderful people

Why are we talking about John Lennon versus this chump?

:rolleyes: i can paste in that very long rap sheet i was talking about earlier if you really insist on that comparison to john lennon, mack.

Yeah, Lennon was pretty outspoken about his abusive past and how it was something he had worked on changing for a long time. Also recorded "Woman Is the N***** of the World" with Yoko for one of his solo albums, about the subjugation and unfair treatment of women.

People change.

This guy that died yesterday could have changed as well, theoretically, but the damage he did in just 20 years is a lot more disturbing than what Lennon had on his record.

Laz said what I was going to say.

Doesn't absolve Lennon, but at least he worked on it.

I've fucked up too, I've done/said things that have made women feel really uncomfortable. But I'm open about it and committed to changing things for the better.

Making the decision to take your dog in to be euthanized sucks. Picking up your dog (who can no longer stand on her own) and realizing when you lay her down in the car that she just died is... well... fuck. [emoji26]

Making the decision to take your dog in to be euthanized sucks. Picking up your dog (who can no longer stand on her own) and realizing when you lay her down in the car that she just died is... well... fuck. [emoji26]

I'm sorry bro, that's awful.

Damn I'm sorry.
Its often just as difficult as losing a family member.

Super sorry, Diemen. Glad you were there for her all the way.

My condolences, Diemen. Almost went through the same thing with my cat last year when the vet initially thought she had cancer, but I definitely had 7-10 days of wrestling with the euthanasia thing while waiting for various test results and it was not fun.

Thanks everyone. A couple days removed and it’s a little less raw, but still tough. She had been fighting cancer and we were initially told she probably would last past April, so we at least got more time than expected with her. But even though we prepared for the eventual loss, it’s still a punch to the gut when it happens. I was in my mid 20s when I got her, and am turning 39 in a few days. When I got her, I didn’t even know my wife existed, and had never even thought of the career that I am now thriving in and enjoying immensely. She accompanied the happiest time of my life, and sitting here in the empty house it’s still hard to believe she’s gone. I half expect her to trot out of the bedroom into the living room at any moment.

Gonna miss you, Luna puppy.

I got through most of it last night (it’s nearly as long as The Epic) and it’s wonderful. Live vocals, quite funky at times, look forward to buying it.

I've got about 35-40 minutes left on it (out of nearly 2 1/2 hours). Really, really enjoy what I'm hearing.

Harmony of Difference was such a great EP, like The Epic in miniature.

Yeah, Lennon was pretty outspoken about his abusive past and how it was something he had worked on changing for a long time. Also recorded "Woman Is the N***** of the World" with Yoko for one of his solo albums, about the subjugation and unfair treatment of women.

People change.

This guy that died yesterday could have changed as well, theoretically, but the damage he did in just 20 years is a lot more disturbing than what Lennon had on his record.
Him being 20 is why I'm neither mourning nor condemning him. It's a very young age to die. It's unfortunate he will never get a chance to maybe redeem himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom