Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in Cleveland for a friend's wedding this weekend. Saturday I'm hitting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Sunday is the wedding, and Monday I'm going to the White Sox/Indians game at Progressive Field.

I'm most excited about the Rock Hall. I think the whole selection process is weird and the annual ceremony where rock stars get dressed up and kiss each other's asses is very un-rock and roll but I'm still extremely excited about touring the museum and seeing all the memorabilia and everything there. Apparently the Beatles exhibit is amazing!

Any of you guys got any Cleveland tips? I've never been there before. I know it doesn't have the best reputation.

Hah you just gave me an idea of what to do between Chicago and Erie on the weekend. Rock Hall. If ya have to pass through Cleveland might as well do something.

I'll be in Cleveland for a friend's wedding this weekend. Saturday I'm hitting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Sunday is the wedding, and Monday I'm going to the White Sox/Indians game at Progressive Field.

I'm most excited about the Rock Hall. I think the whole selection process is weird and the annual ceremony where rock stars get dressed up and kiss each other's asses is very un-rock and roll but I'm still extremely excited about touring the museum and seeing all the memorabilia and everything there. Apparently the Beatles exhibit is amazing!

Any of you guys got any Cleveland tips? I've never been there before. I know it doesn't have the best reputation.

They have a submarine, and I liked the Natural History Museum downtown.

Well that’s why I’d be there.

I’m currently moving from Texas to DC and went the long route via Chicago (where I am now). Sadly there’s a whole lot of nothing between here and Erie (my next stop, where my best friend is currently living).

Coincidentally, U2 was here so I impromptu went to the show last night. Couldn’t make that shit up.

In my experience, when the venue posts set times, they have basically been spot on. They just post them infrequently is the thing.

The Rock Hall is brilliant. I have only been to Cleveland once, but I really loved it, I have no idea why people shit on it so much. I need to go back and catch a game there, it was winter when I went.

How have I gone so long without hearing Phosphorescent?

This is fantastic.

Welcome the club.

This was possibly my favorite song of that it year. It came out around the same time Trouble Will Find Me was released, and I still vividly remember switching between the two while driving in Florida on a trip.

The one time I was in Cleveland, I went to the Rock Hall and a Cavs game. Enjoyable all around, but then again, my dad’s family all lives in Detroit, so not tough to top that... Love the tourism video. Such a classic.

also it seems like Lauren from CHVRCHES is absolutely angry that Stereogum criticized that new album isn't as good as the past ones.

Scott Morrison on lead guitar.

See this is sort of a 'oh, you wanted Chvrches, I thought you said 'Megachvrches'... kind of scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom