Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I accidentally update this app, it looks worse than it did before.

I use both the mobile app and the full browser site.

This is definitely one of the best renditions of a forum app out there. But yeah it features some strange bugs.

I use both but I have purposely not updated the app in a couple years because you guys said it kept getting worse with each update.

the last major update made the app considerably better. when i have the option i use desktop but it's nice to have the app too so i can poop while i read what all you people have written.

pro tips: forums aren't relevant, what's cool is the comment section of some AV Club articles
They used to be a place for discussions until they changed the forums to whatever platform the Gawker forums used, and now it totally sucks.

That comments/layout change was kind of the last straw, but even a couple of years ago they were quite good for tv reviews, and more so, for long, lively and informed comments threads on said tv show reviews.

Now... not so much.

the last major update made the app considerably better. when i have the option i use desktop but it's nice to have the app too so i can poop while i read what all you people have written.

I love to read Headache's posts while taking a big old shit.

The forum app is at the best it's ever been, for me. Don't know if there's a big difference between the Android/Apple version, but I used to never use it and now I actually kinda prefer it to visiting the desktop site.

I almost exclusively use the app (on my iPhone 6) and it works really well for me. I’ve started to prefer it to the desktop version as well.

The latest version of the iOS app is great, and the one that I use the most. I only use the desktop version when covering U2 shows.

Anyone heard the new Lykke Li album? Good stuff, as always.

The latest version of the iOS app is great, and the one that I use the most. I only use the desktop version when covering U2 shows.

The old app used to constantly send me recommended threads as notifications no matter how many times I"d asked it not to. The new one doesn't send me any notifications at all, even the ones I want.

I listened to the new Licky Lee and Pitchfork's highly rated Snail Mail album this afternoon. Enjoyed both on first listen, but don't remember much of either. Need to hear them more to form proper opinions.

Snail Mail song(s) just sounds like any other white female singer songwriters' songs. I just can't give a shit about it

also Lykke Li album, I listened to it because my friend seemingly liked it and I was surprised by how much it sounded like modern R&B

Snail Mail writes good songs, sometimes REALLY good songs, but the vocals let the album down. Totally unremarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom