Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
saving this bit to use as future blackmail material.

I haven't exactly made a secret of enjoying Chvrches, so I'm not sure why liking that song in particular is blackmail material. :lol:

Oh FUCK.

I didn't even, um, get that.

I clearly have no experience with those songs.

I love Chvrches. Looking forward to the new album, even if it's just more songs in their usual vein.

I still read their name as chavurches, but their Get Out song is good but the u2 one is embarrassing (that was the joke right?).

I wish every venue would post stage times of openers and main acts on their website. This is possibly by biggest pet peeve with live shows.

What? Posting set times is very common in Australia/New Zealand.

In my experience it's usually pretty close. Most clubs in Melbourne and Sydney (where I've seen more shows than I can count, probably about 600 combined?), bands hit the stage within a few minutes of their scheduled time. Usually the only thing that mucks it up is if less than 20 minutes were allowed for changeover.

Though the venue I go to the most in Wollongong is a fucking shocker. I don't believe a word of the times they post. Everywhere else in town is dependable, but this place... when it happens, it happens. And, of course, the one show when I decided to turn up half an hour late to avoid standing around awkwardly, the bands started on time and I missed the first act, who I was curious about.

I think Mitski hit the stage fair early when I was at her show but the other math rock show I went to went on so long, I got out the venue by, like, 10:30 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom