Random Music Talk CXXII: 2018 It Is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently some health issues were caused by excessive drinking. I mean Jesus, how much does someone have to be drinking and for how long to cause such damage in their mid 20s? Very sad.

Oh my God... This is incredibly sad. Especially if that's true that he could have had that many health problems due to alcohol at such a young age.

his music wasn't really my cup of tea it's but still very sad to lose someone with obvious talent and potential. RIP.

Apparently some health issues were caused by excessive drinking. I mean Jesus, how much does someone have to be drinking and for how long to cause such damage in their mid 20s? Very sad.

one of my roommates in university drank quite a bit (but not all *that* excessively) and his liver failed before he even graduated. he got a transplant and quit drinking and last i heard he's totally fine now, but i think some people are just very susceptible to it. i don't know much about the guy but from what i'm reading this afternoon, avicii had some other health problems lately that could have possibly exacerbated the health problems that excessive alcohol causes.

Was anyone aware that this exists?

Music_Review-Sting__Shaggy_87536.jpg-2d68a.jpg

I found out about the Sting/Shaggy album during the Grammys. I am sooooo intrigued by this inevitable car crash.

I mean, in a world where that Metallica and Lou Reed album exists, how bad could it really be?

That was unlistenable.

We're organizing our record collection and Travis pointed out that I own Cat Scratch Fever.

Travis is now walking my copy of Cat Scratch Fever down to the dumpster.

Fuck. That. Noise. There's a limit between enjoying someone's music and who they are as a human being and I don't even know if I consider this dude a human being anymore.

Travis asked if I wanted to burn it, lol. I thought about it. I really like that song a lot. I hate when something I like gets ruined by people being horrible.

That was unlistenable.

We're organizing our record collection and Travis pointed out that I own Cat Scratch Fever.

Travis is now walking my copy of Cat Scratch Fever down to the dumpster.

Fuck. That. Noise. There's a limit between enjoying someone's music and who they are as a human being and I don't even know if I consider this dude a human being anymore.

I have a soft spot for Cat Scratch Fever because when my son was 5 or 6, we were in the car and it came on the radio and he started singing along to the chorus..."cat scratch deeper.....cat scratch deeper", which makes more sense to a kid, wife and I still get a good chuckle whenever the song comes on the radio, even if Ted is an insufferable douche..

I am not ashamed to say I love me some Sting.

But re this new album, I am firmly on the "Yeah, no" train.

Man Sting hasn't put anything out of note since what, "Ten Summoner's Tales?" 1993?

I have no desire to listen to the new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom