Random Music Talk CXXII: 2018 It Is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Hookworms for War on Drugs fans (though I would argue it's much more fun and tastefully structured than A Deeper Understanding). They haven't gone full pop/rock by any means, there's still that necessary bit of krautrock drive that the last album had, but the hooks are stronger and there's the thinnest coat of gloss to give it some sparkle.

What's great is that it really has worked for them. I was thrilled to see it had racked up an 87 metascore because that's the sort of thing that would draw them some extra attention. They may lose a handful of fans steering away from garage rock/psych, but they will likely gain many new ones because the record is superbly executed.

Apparently today marks the 10th anniversary of Hold On Now, Youngster... aka my favorite album released this century.

I want life to always sound like the first two minutes of You! Me! Dancing!

Apparently today marks the 10th anniversary of Hold On Now, Youngster... aka my favorite album released this century.

I can think of many, many better albums (including four by Los Campesinos! themselves) this century, but cool to see what it’s spawned. Interested to see what the commemorations they’re talking about involve.

Shearwater fannies, you should check this Meiburg side project out. It's quite good.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/loma-loma/

Gorilla vs. Bear rated the below song in their top 15 tracks of 2017.
LOMA – BLACK WILLOW

Loma-BLACK-WILLOW.jpg

In case you're wondering how hard the Cloud Nothings drummer goes live, I got his setlist tonight and it's covered in blood.

Congratulate me.

When I was buying my Protomartyr ticket this morning, I remembered to use one of my many, many settlement vouchers. I saved two dollars and twenty-five cents off my ticket.

I finally used 2 of the vouchers today (you can use up to 2 per order) and saved a whopping $4.50 off of Smashing Pumpkins tickets.

I’m really disappointed no one told me Tom Hanks was in the Carly Rae Jepsen video for I Really Like You.

Guys.

I have waited years for this.

When I worked at the Licorice company, I tried with all my might to make it happen and failed.

But, seemingly from no where, it's going to happen.

I...

Am going on a business trip.

To Atlanta.

Guys.

I have waited years for this.

When I worked at the Licorice company, I tried with all my might to make it happen and failed.

But, seemingly from no where, it's going to happen.

I...

Am going on a business trip.

To Atlanta.
I hear the beer in Germany is great. You should try it while you're there.

For Travis' sake I hope that's all you'll try.

Wild Beasts just released a farewell album called "Last Night All My Dreams Came True," so I went back through their entire discography. They have got to be the most underrated band of the 2000s and 2010s. I can't think of many bands that put together a better run of albums during that time.

You know, I have been on about 8 business trips to Atlanta in the last two years and never once thought to make that joke. I am ashamed.

So about that Fischerspooner album produced by Michael Stipe...according to the P4k review, Stipe was Casey Spooner's first boyfriend in 1988.

Anyway, I think the album is worth a listen. Not AOTY material, but there are some solid tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom