Random Music Talk CXXII: 2018 It Is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Radiohead sucks anyway derp derp

This is a stupid lawsuit because Radiohead has already been sued for Creep by The Hollies. If anything, the latter is the one that has a case here.

Last edited:
I'd like to know who in the Radiohead camp was sitting around listening to LDR and thought hey, maybe we could sue her for 100% of the rights to this song.

I've listened to that song many times too. Never occurred to me that it was similar to Creep. Much easier to hear the similarities once it's been pointed out, but I believe Lana when she says she was not inspired by Radiohead when she wrote the song.

I haven’t heard the album version, but I apparently heard part of it live tonight. I don’t know if she just didn’t do the parts that supposedly sound like creep, or I just couldn’t hear it. :shrug:

Get Free is my fav song on Lust For Life. I've listened to it a bunch of times and never was reminded of Creep.

First listen I knew I recognized it, second listen I realized it was Creep. It was so obvious I assumed she had permission.

Several months back I went to go see a friend of mine play and she did a medley of the two.

Last edited:
Are we sure it's Radiohead themselves sueing? Doesn't Parlophone have the rights to everything they recorded up until Hail to The Thief? I recall them releasing that best-of without the band's permission.

Are we sure it's Radiohead themselves sueing? Doesn't Parlophone have the rights to everything they recorded up until Hail to The Thief? I recall them releasing that best-of without the band's permission.

Well they’ve been bought since then by XL. That being said, you can still own writing royalties and not own your recordings.

I love both Radiohead and Lana so I hope they drop the suit and can all get together and maybe go see a movie or hang out and eat lunch together or something.

"Apparently".

Basically all this says is "LDR made all this shit up according to us, a bunch of corporate suits".

I'll wait for further clarification.

Somehow managed to start listening to Tame Impala's Currents again. My word, what a cracking album. It's got real staying power. Absolutely gorgeous on the ear.

Parker does a stellar job at also capturing the emotional challenges that a 30yo male might face. It's pretty vivid for me personally at the moment. Very impressed.

If you haven't already, also check out a b-side. It's brill... List of People (to try to forget about).

I have terrible luck.

A week before my daughter was born 2.5 years ago, I had 3 bulging discs and a couple strains in my back and spent time in the hospital. I couldn’t pick her up or care for her for the first 2-3 months of her life (heck I could barely stand or walk).

Today, a week after my son was born, I’ve been diagnosed with pneumonia. Which means I cannot pick up or care for him for at least a few days, but more likely a week (or more) to be safe. My poor wife! I feel worse for her than my body does with this infection. I’m glad I’ve been at least wearing a medical mask for a couple days.

It sucks not being able to help or enjoy my time off of work with my family in either of these instances.

I heard the Elton John song "Daniel" on the radio the other day and realized how much I like it. It was always one of his singles that I never totally cared for. Now I'm a fan.

#random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom