Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Dropkick Murphys live for the first time in like 8 years. You know how fucking weird it was to hear Al Barr say "Let's go Denver" instead of Boston?!? :lol:

Reading about Charlottesville while listening to the last three songs of Sufjan's Michigan. Somewhat comforting to have such beautiful music off-put the horror of what I'm reading.

Well, this new Alice Glass single is a pretty clear shot at her former Crystal Castles bandmate Ethan Kath.

It's also better than most Crystal Castles songs.

I know Sufjan is a favorite here, but I hadn't yet been able to get into him up to now. But I was giving some tracks from Carrie & Lowell another shot yesterday and its closer, Blue Bucket Of Gold, got me. That melody - "tell me you want me in your life" - has been stuck in my head for 24 hours now.

Perhaps he'll grow on me yet.

That's a great song indeed. I'm not huge on Bat For Lashes but she has a few amazing songs. Glass is another one, along with Daniel of course.

What's a Girl To Do? as well, assisted by the great video.

I just dived head first into Thee Oh Sees catalog. How I missed this band for so many years I dunno. They're so good.

I saw them at Coachella a while back and they were great. Also someone put one of their songs on a Desert Island competition here a few years back which I liked a lot. I haven't heard any albums though.

Listen to Floating Coffin first, it's among their most accessible works and great in its own right.

They seem to be getting stranger and more psychedelic as they go along, which is fine with me, though I like their early garage rock stuff as well.

Remember 2016 when we were all like omg this is the worst year ever first Bowie now Prince and now in 2017 we're having a debate about whether nazis are bad or not.

Oh my. I Come From The Mountain by Thee Oh Seas is fantastic. First time hearing this band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom