Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile - Lotta Sea Lice: Not as great as their best work, but pretty great. You can probably guess what this sounds like based on the early singles, or any of Kurt Vile's music. I could have done without Courtney straight up covering a Kurt Vile song, though it is a good song in general (Peeping Tomboy). 7/10
He also covered her song "Out of the Woodwork," so it was a one-for-one trade. Plus they also covered a song by Barnett's wife.

He also covered her song "Out of the Woodwork," so it was a one-for-one trade. Plus they also covered a song by Barnett's wife.
Good to know. I've heard everything she's released at some point or another, but it's been a while since I've heard the EPs.

I think I bought Guero when it came out, which at the time was a Cobblering before the term had even been invented.

I didn’t really like it

Everyone should have a copy of Beck's Mutations album. This is the beginning of a really weak campaign platform.

Last edited:
One year later, the last Angel Olsen album is still on constant rotation and Sister is a legit song of the decade candidate.

Modern Guilt is severely underrated. Some days I fee like it's my favorite Beck record.

It's incredibly slick and fun. I listened to that album a whole lot in 2008. That's the kind of sound I was hoping U2 would put out when they started working with Danger Mouse.

One year later, the last Angel Olsen album is still on constant rotation and Sister is a legit song of the decade candidate.

Yes. I have yet to check the new EP, but heard good things. Seeing her live in a few weeks, that will be great.

Only 53. That sucks. I'm glad I was able to catch the stream of their farewell concert last year and get to know their music better.

Awful stuff. :( I had taken a delve into his music last year, he reminds me so much of a Canadian Peter Garrett.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that "Strange Hellos" is her only song to really excite me.

Yeah that’s definitely my favorite by her, but I really like a lot of tunes on her two most recent albums.

New Skin, Sprinter, Son You Are No Island, Three Futures, Bad Baby Pie, Marble Focus. All great.

I can’t get into her debut at all though.

She puts on a fantastic live show too. Seeing her this Friday in Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom