Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw Ariana Grande earlier this week!! I probably overestimated how much I actually liked her, lol. I was really only there for two songs (Into You and Dangerous Woman), which were the last two of the night and were fucking crazy awesome. I would never go again, but she's got some bangers. And it was made worth it by the fact that she is SO. FUCKING. HOT. Like oh my fucking lord. Some of the videos on screen, I borderline had to cover myself with my jacket. (Cori, I can hear you charging in to tell me no one cares about my boner, and you are completely correct, but I have to say it. One time I even had a near-sex dream about her and when I woke up and realised it was a dream I was so sad.) ALSO, she has a fucking incredible voice, and she is so, so, so sweet, she started crying when she covered Over the Rainbow, you can tell she's a genuinely lovely person.

My sister got there at 1030am. Ariana is her favourite artist and she had the best night of her life, was paralysed with tears for the first few songs, haha. Here is the message that she wanted to give to her, but she was afraid to throw it on stage during the show.

[tweet]905263957551624192[/tweet]

I've never seen a phone screenshot where the battery wasn't dying

What is wrong with you people

Apparently a lot of people I know turned 30 within the last couple of days.

It's kinda average isn't it.

I've spent my 20s learning things and accruing debt so that I can actually do something I like in my 30s. I'm not scared of it.

I'm actually really excited about my thirties. I've just entered a really exciting time in my life, career-wise.

My mid-twenties were all I could have wished. They will be hard to top.

Now I live in a city I don't like because I've put my career ahead of friends and relationships and hobbies, and I doubt that will change until I'm getting closer to forty. This better fucking pay off.

This is a fucking degenerate state.

But yes I'd take Wollongong over Shitney proper too. At least I don't spend 120% of my income on renting a rat-infested hole covered with a torn tarpaulin.

My post sounded really bitchy. I didn't mean it that way. Life took some unwanted turns when I was in my thirties.

Yours will be better, Ashley!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
I didn't think you were being bitchy :)

I'd like my metabolism back from my thirties.

You can have the rest of it.

I'm simultaneously much better off and more miserable in my 30s than I was in my 20s. Guess that's probably why I like The National so much. :lol:

My 30s have been way happier than my 20s, I think, although at this point (I'm 36 now) things like mortality and career choices have become way too real.

Happy birthday, Ashley. Sorry I missed it yesterday. Here's to a great new decade.

So many great albums have come out in the last few weeks. War on Drugs, Grizzly Bear, Mogwai, LCD, National, Zola Jesus, etc. It's carayzay u guyz!1!

In case I needed another reason to think Richard Ashcroft is a giant diseased arse of a man, there's this from a recent interview with Nick McCabe:

“At the time of ‘Forth’, when that all went to pot at the end, Jazz was still asking us to… we had dates planned in Australia and New Zealand and he told me to say, ‘Do you want to do it?’ and I said of course but only if everybody else wants to do it. What I got back from Richard via Jazz was that he said, ‘I can’t think of anything I’d rather not do’. That’s where it got left really.

The Verve's Nick McCabe discusses the state of guitar music, 'Urban Hymns', Richard Ashcroft and Oasis - NME

And to think Ashcroft then toured down here with that shitty solo project of his. Of course I didn't go. Ashcroft was always too self-absorbed to realise McCabe was the true star of the band.

How is the new Zola Jesus? I wasn't at all interested in the last one, and I liked-ish the one song I've heard from the new one.

I'm halfway through it now. "Soak" is a great song. No other strong opinions yet.

So many great albums have come out in the last few weeks. War on Drugs, Grizzly Bear, Mogwai, LCD, National, Zola Jesus, etc. It's carayzay u guyz!1!

Honestly Mogwai album was a bit meh. it's not like it was extremely bad but it doesn't have that coolness lots of their earlier albums had

Nah it's fine. But then I don't think their acclaimed earlier work is really all that hot. Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will is the Mogwai album that's clicked the most for me.

Totally forgot about the new Mogwai. I'm sure I'll like it well enough. They're one of the most consistent bands out there. They don't have a single album that's not at least decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom