Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Good morning all. I write this from my phone, sitting outside a bar in LAX. I'm tempted to get a beer even though it's 9am. In a moment I'm going to get changed and then go find something to do for the next six hours until I meet LM at Amoeba.

Fake news.

No Australian in history has been treated worse or more unfairly than me.

r1570458_23638125.jpg

Every time I hope they prove me wrong, but alas. Their last album had two or three decent songs at least.

This new single seems to be a rehash of Madness.

Same 'ol same 'ol. Dude reads 1984 by George Orwell as a teen and makes a career out of writing songs from it.

New Phoenix track.

Open up your legs followed by a chorus of Don't tell me no. Risky lyrics.

I'm enjoying this "Rocket" album by (Sandy) Alex G quite a bit.
Haven't heard this one yet, but Alex G has a bunch of really good albums. Wish he was a little more popular so there was more discussion around him. A BNM tag couldn't hurt, I guess.

I got return flights to LA (on Virgin, too, and direct from Melbs) for $850. I was stoked.

$850 Return?! Congrats on getting in just before Summer and peak prices on airlines....:madwife: :sexywink: ....I (we're) looking up hitting NYC and Cleveland and the international flights are the killer.

Anyways...

Just when you think Muse can't get any worse, they continue to be the gift that keeps on giving.

I was shocked by how relatively cheap I got tickets to Japan for, $650 round trip. Really excited to go.

Also I am excited to see U2 and maybe even finally meet cobbler. Who knows.

I went through Blur's discography over the last week, a band I was only passingly familiar with beforehand. Their evolution is really striking, so much so that you wouldn't believe the same band that made Modern Life Is Rubbish also made 13 only a few years later. IMO they become strikingly more interesting beginning with the self-titled; the albums before have their moments but generally are too precious for their own good. Why Parklife has such high stature is something of a mystery to me; the self-titled and 13 were easily the two standouts in their catalogue for me. Overall Albarn is such a captivating vocalist and Coxon such a versatile guitarist that anything the band has done is enjoyable.

I got return flights to LA (on Virgin, too, and direct from Melbs) for $850. I was stoked.

Few hours until I see U2 for the first time in seven years [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Yeah but Virgin means you have to fly in 787s. I'd recommend Qantas any day. The A380s are great.

Never ever take the United option. Even if it's free, never ever take the United option.

Well that's a bit scary! I've done QF94 a couple of times this year; worst thing that happened was the second time was packed and the free Tim Tams up the back ran out before we were even halfway home.

Haha I'm sorry I was just pointing out Axver's terrible timing suggesting Qantas. I'm laying half the blame at his feet. :angry:

take 1 of lucy in the sky with diamonds was released friday on netflix. kind of interesting, i've never heard it before:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom