Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobbler, Redhill commented in a thread he made that he thought you would like an EDM-inspired U2 album. You should respond to him.

is EDM that popular anymore? like, it was super popular a while back but i don't see it all that much anymore; at least people aren't going nuts for Zedd and Calvin Harris as much. i don't think U2 or any other aging rockstars who want to be relevant should participate in this EDM movement that's clearly dying.

is EDM that popular anymore? like, it was super popular a while back but i don't see it all that much anymore; at least people aren't going nuts for Zedd and Calvin Harris as much. i don't think U2 or any other aging rockstars who want to be relevant should participate in this EDM movement that's clearly dying.

I still listen to Clarity and This is What You Came from time to time. Fight me.

Lemonade at #5

Wait, a legitimate publication listed fucking Lemonade as the 5th greatest album ever released by a woman? A group that amasses half the population of human history?

Hahahahahaha

EDIT: Am I blind or is Exile in Guyville not on this list?

Last edited:
^because we live in a world that is dominated by men and remains steadfastly patriarchal. If we lived in a truly equal society there'd be no need for it, but lists like that are necessary and should be celebrated, because if lists like that didn't pop up, all we'd ever hear about is fucking men.

My concern with these lists of "best women's XYZ" is that it still marks a separate sphere for women. There are albums, and then there are women's albums.

But on the other hand it's quite correct that we need to assert the achievements of women against the common tendency to mainly or exclusively celebrate men's achievements.

In a time where the world is going going up in flames I'd rather U2 make a good guitar driven album with some anger rather than an EDM album.

I don't know why aging rockstars are so obsessed with EDM now because it's nearly over. people like trap or mumble rap thing rather than EDM now. like, more celebratory hip hop with lots of swagger

Seeing Jamila Woods, Tyler the Creator, Spoon, MGMT, Future Islands, Solange and Frank Ocean at Panorama today. 'Tis a good day.

Nice! I've only got passes for Sunday.

Nine Inch Nails, A Tribe Called Quest, Angel Olsen, Preoccupations, Cloud Nothings

Here's hoping! It looks like today's crowd broke the floor in the tent where Preoccupations is supposed to play. The fest canceled the first of today's sets for that stage. It better be fixed by Sunday.

Damn, Frank Ocean live is like a religious experience. He could have played Self Control and left the stage, and it would have been enough.

I'm saying.

It's a shame that more people won't have a chance to see him before he inevitably goes incognito again for years and years.

I'm saying.

It's a shame that more people won't have a chance to see him before he inevitably goes incognito again for years and years.

Yeah. I thought about your comments a few days ago. His voice is unbelievable right now.

I nearly lost it when the I, I, I part started at the end of Self Control.

Last edited:
I don't think I had ever heard a Selena Gomez song all the way through until Fetish. I like it quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom