Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dude that "raps" on their songs might very well have the worst rapping voice in the history of that art form. But I'll stop shitting on them now. It sucks that dude killed himself. I'm sure he was a good guy. And he liked U2.

lol you've clearly never listened to Australian hip-hop.
You're right, I haven't. But that's because I don't consider Australia a real place and I've tried as hard as I can to erase the concept of its existence from my mind.

I prefer "P5hng Me A*wy" :wink:

My younger brother was a big LP fan so whenever I hear their early stuff I think of good memories with him.

i was pretty late to Linkin Park so the first time i know about them was that song Shadow of the Day, which did vaguely sound like With Or Without You

I prefer "P5hng Me A*wy" :wink:

My younger brother was a big LP fan so whenever I hear their early stuff I think of good memories with him.

The Reanimation disc was my first introduction to the world of remixes. My derisive opinion then is not much different to my opinion now.

I remember when "In the End" was big when I was in high school. I liked the piano in that song. I didn't really get into the band's music much myself, but they had a few songs I didn't mind.

I also remember "Crawling" mainly because a guy I had a crush on in high school was being silly and spoofing on it once.

Minutes to Midnight is one of my favorite albums ever.

I found "What I've Done", "Leave Out All the Rest" and "Shadow of the Day" right at a horrible time in my own life and fell in love. I'd thought they were an ok band before that, but I fell in love when Minutes to Midnight came out.

For those who don't know, Chester had a very messed up childhood and had been suicidal since he was beaten and raped on a daily basis by a "friend" he thought he trusted. That began at age 7 and went on until he was 13. I can't imagine the trauma he felt.

Linkin Park formed at the right time for him... if they didn't he probably would've died a lot sooner than age 41. RIP, Chester. You'll be missed.

I've been listening to the Beach Boys this summer. (And also Brian Wilson's SMILE, which I guess is not technically Beach Boys but might be my favorite thing ever associated with the band).

I didn't know Chester was from Phoenix until today, and people are pretty upset here. My friend at the yoga studio knows some of Chester's family/children. She was concerned that some of them were finding out about his death through the press.

I played some LP songs before class at the request of my yoga students. Surreal to watch people sit and meditate to a song like Crawling. I was never a huge fan, but I did always like the track Faint.

I've been listening to the Beach Boys this summer. (And also Brian Wilson's SMILE, which I guess is not technically Beach Boys but might be my favorite thing ever associated with the band).

Have you heard the first disc of the Smile Sessions box? It's the closest thing to an official recreation of the album that we'll ever get and beats Brian's solo version if only because his vocals were stronger in 1967.

Also an amazing album to smoke to. Some of the happiest, most blissful music I know.

Have you heard the first disc of the Smile Sessions box? It's the closest thing to an official recreation of the album that we'll ever get and beats Brian's solo version if only because his vocals were stronger in 1967.

Also an amazing album to smoke to. Some of the happiest, most blissful music I know.
Damn, no I have not. I will check that out.

So I guess he was good friends with Chris Cornell. I wonder if that sort of played into his decision to end his own life. So sad. And his body was found today, what would have been Cornell's birthday.

Yeah, probably not a coincidence he did it on Chris' birthday.
Really tragic. Guy definitely had a rough early life, but leaving 6 kids, some very young, behind, have to really be in a bad place to do that.
RIP

Honestly one of the worst bands I've ever heard in my life.

You're not missing anything.

I just feel lucky I had Nine Inch Nails as an aggression support band in my teens instead of the Nu Metal that millennials succumbed to.

Hate to say it but that's the first LP song I heard and the whiny vocals on the chorus immediately turned me off, nails on a chalkboard.

Sorry to hear about the guy's troubles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom