Random Music Talk CXVIII: Grabbing America By The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your message in the other thread, Hewson. I might try to give NJ Transit a call, though knowing them I won't be holding my breadth. More annoyed for missing the concert than anything, really.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd call and not give up with the first person you speak to, ask for a supervisor when inevitably the first lackey says there's nothing they can do.
Probably not going to get reimbursed for the tickets, but maybe you can get something from them like a couple of month's transit pass or something.
Good luck.

My worst train experience ever was on NJ Transit. Train was packed beyond capacity, stalled for 30-minute increments at a time, and a kid was throwing up next to me so routinely that his bag overflowed. Memories.

No doubt there. I wish the rest of Heads Up were as good as "New Song", which is one of the songs of the year.

I was disappointed with Heads Up at first, then listened to it on a much better set of headphones and was far more impressed, mainly because of the depth of the bass and harmonizing.

Real sorry to hear about your Bey experience gump, that's awful. But look on the bright side - you weren't subjected to DJ Khaled.

Ha. You know, I would have taken an earlier train and not missed the show with a better opening act.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Heads Up is their weakest album for me. It seemed like it didn't know what it wanted to be, jumping between attempts to make their sound more pop friendly while others were just there to create atmosphere.

Heads Up is their weakest album for me. It seemed like it didn't know what it wanted to be, jumping between attempts to make their sound more pop friendly while others were just there to create atmosphere.

I think I enjoy it a little more than the previous one, but that's really because "New Song" is so good, while there's nothing on the self-titled that leaps out to nearly the same degree. And I agree with iYup that on repeated listens there's some richness and depth that emerges from Heads Up.

But neither album comes at all close to the same level as The Fool or Exquisite Corpse.

I'm supposed to be going to Warpaint tonight but I'm exhausted from a wedding and not really that into their new album, so I'm not making it down there for it. It's easier to make a call like this when you've seen them before.

I'm supposed to be going to Warpaint tonight but I'm exhausted from a wedding and not really that into their new album, so I'm not making it down there for it. It's easier to make a call like this when you've seen them before.

You really think it's smart for YOU to not go to a concert? Hmm....

We could be saved even more crap if Green Day, Muse, and Donald Trump merged.

I don't plan on listening to Revolution Radio again. OneRepublic's new album is also underwhelming.

On the other hand, I'm loving Phantogram's Three.

Last edited:
Well, why else do you think he continues to support the Dems? He's just looking out for the well-being of his characters.

On the other hand, I'm loving Phantogram's Three.

Really? I found the title accurate: it deserves 3/5 stars. A few decent songs, nowhere near the quality of Voices, and a couple of absolute clunkers ("Barking Dog", "Calling All").

We all know that if PFan had gone, Warpaint would have covered "Magnificent".

I like it all, but 1000 Times from Leithauser + Rostam is prob gonna be one of my favorite songs of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom