Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor Swift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey cobbler, do you also get iggy pop's "the passenger" stuck in your head momentarily when you're playing pokemon go and the gps freaks out and suddenly tells you you're going too fast when you're actually standing still? or have you moved on from that silly game?

Why did you write "also" in that sentence? There was no precedent for your question. ANYWAY, no, it has never popped into my head. I suspect it will from now on, which is fine, cos it's a great song. But after I rolled over to level 18 and only hatched a 900CP from a 10km egg, I am very nearly done with the game.

Why did you write "also" in that sentence? There was no precedent for your question. ANYWAY, no, it has never popped into my head. I suspect it will from now on, which is fine, cos it's a great song. But after I rolled over to level 18 and only hatched a 900CP from a 10km egg, I am very nearly done with the game.

because i thought the word would imply that the song gets stuck in my head every single time i tell the game i'm the passenger, and you were the only person in this thread who had mentioned playing it. :shrug:

Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor...

The 1964/1965 era of Beatles for Sale and Rubber Soul is pretty cool. They were shifting gears and listening to Dylan (at least Lennon was) and the end results were pretty awesome (those albums and what came after).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

because i thought the word would imply that the song gets stuck in my head every single time i tell the game i'm the passenger, and you were the only person in this thread who had mentioned playing it. :shrug:

My reply was much nastier than it needed to be. :lol: Sorry about that.

That's a great album. I wonder why I have still never listened to The Idiot.

My reply was much nastier than it needed to be. :lol: Sorry about that.

That's a great album. I wonder why I have still never listened to The Idiot.

eh, whatever. i was more annoyed that the omanyte i got out of my 10k egg was like 631CP, but i don't remember what level i was when i hatched it. i may have only been 15 or 16 at the time.

I'd have been happy with that. I hatched a 900CP Pinsir, having caught a 1000CP Pinsir on the street five minutes earlier. :angry:

I definitely didn't think you'd be into it!

it's an entertaining thing to do at work. i was really pissed off at the bulbasaur situation though. i had a cp181-190 bulbasaurs break out of +6 ultra balls and then run off, but i got a 1000something snorlax in a regular ball with just a razz berry. same thing with the gengar. he was hopping on the hood of the ambulance (before i'd turned the AR off) and he was a little bit of a struggle, but nowhere near the nightmare those bulbasaurs were.

In other things that go against the image I've built up over the insane amount of time I've apparently been posting on this site*, Spotify tried to con me into listening to a godawful dance remix of Defying Gravity. It was not ok.

*this was recently brought to my attention when mofo had to alert me to the existence of a new bouncing souls album, and how the last good album they put out was 10 years ago. and I first thought there's no way it was that long ago, I remember us talking about it here when it came out.

Stray thoughts after a night of listening to late 70s/early 80s albums:

-OMD's Kraftwerk-inspired first four albums are all great and, as such, they have one of the deeper discographies of all the celebrated synthpop bands. Dazzle Ships is especially wonderful.

-Wire's Chairs Missing is a goldmine and I should listen to it more often.

-The Damned really deserve more credit. Of all the pioneer punk rock bands, they had among the most range.

Honestly I don't think there's a non-2016 album I've listened to more times this year than Aja.

Moving to LA took a 10/10 album and made it a 12/10 album.

Honestly I don't think there's a non-2016 album I've listened to more times this year than Aja.

Moving to LA took a 10/10 album and made it a 12/10 album.

Not a bad song on there. Not a less-than-great song on there, really. The weakest, I Got The News, still has that amazing middle-8 with Michael McDonald leading the charge.

I saw PJ Harvey last night, and she was excellent as expected. She played The Hope Six Demolition Project in its entirety, a little bit of Let England Shake (the title song and The Words that Maketh Murder were the high points of the show for me), and some older stuff. 50ft Queenie live was incredible, and the crowd loved it. Her stage presence is great, even though she doesn't really address the crowd at all. And her 9- or 10-musicians band is really outstanding. Great, great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom