Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor Swift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Random, non-music ...

How the fuck does anyone buying a house ever decide on a place without extreme anxiety? Do people hold out for the "perfect" house in their price range, or do people find one they feel comfortable in that might have a few flaws they can live with?

I've done a complete 180 this year, from "buy a house? In Seattle? On my own? LOLOLOLOL no way, that's terrifying and no way" to "hey, I can afford more house than I thought and look at the options that are there in my price range and hey, I'm totally ready for a house oh god, what am I doing???"

In music news related to home buying, I'm paring down more of my CDs. I mean, I'm ridiculous. My future small home will not have room for all of this stuff, I'm sure.
Congrats and good luck with the house.
I found house hunting to be very stressful (of course I was looking at the height of the boom back in the early 2000's so prices were insane), but finally found something, 1/2 mile from the ocean in a good neighborhood with a good school system that we could afford.
It beats the hell out of renting.

Don't be afraid when putting in an offer to ask for whatever you want to (like the closing cost thing you mentioned), worst thing is they say no. But if they are motivated to sell and you have a legit offer, they are likely to bend a little bit on some things.

Some of you may know this already, but I am once again reproducing. I think I may have convinced my fiance to name him Leo last night!

congrats, laz!

congrats (again), Mikal!

re me (because I am the most important in this comment): I may get cold feet. I initially wasn't going to start seriously looking until later in the fall when things had calmed down at work, but oops.

They really were, yeah. I had so many flashbacks reading that article-most of those artists/songs got played on our local top 40 station at some point when they came out.

They are right about a lot of those alt rock groups sounding awfully same-y. I liked some of those songs, though.

It’s a year when the biggest song in the world was Los Del Rio’s “Macarena,” proclaimed this century by VH1 to be the “greatest one-hit wonder of all time,” which dominated Billboard charts, FM radio, and the teachers’ portion of school talent shows for 14 straight, interminable weeks.

And school dances. At least, it got played at the ones I went to.

It even got played at my senior prom...which was in 2003.

Yeah.

(Echoing the congrats to laz, mikal, and cori, by the way :)! Yay for all the good news!)

I hate myself but I am listening to Major Key. "I Got the Keys" is genuinely one of the worst songs ever committed to tape in recorded music history. It's aggressively annoying. So bad.

I hate myself but I am listening to Major Key. "I Got the Keys" is genuinely one of the worst songs ever committed to tape in recorded music history. It's aggressively annoying. So bad.

Nice. I like Khaled a lot as a comedian/character but don't have much interest in his actual music.

Nice. I like Khaled a lot as a comedian/character but don't have much interest in his actual music.

Comedian? He's about as funny as kick in the aggots. His character is hilarious, but the joke is definitely on him, he's an idiot.

BUT, he's raking it in, so good on him. He's willed himself to success. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm slowing my roll on the house thing. All this excitement over this most recent little house has got me realizing I have some more thinking/planning to do.

Still fun to look, though.

:sad:

Or maybe you went back to the house for another look and saw something that disturbed you?

nsw-2.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me it's not called "Brew Order".

I recall there being a few other fans here back in the day of 65daysofstatic, if any are still here, have you heard this No Man's Sky video game soundtrack yet? I'm extremely surprised by it, was expecting a bunch of short throwaway tracks. It's a legit album in both length and quality, pretty cool.

Last edited:
I recall there being a few other fans here back in the day of 65daysofstatic, if any are still here, have you heard this No Man's Sky video game soundtrack yet? I'm extremely surprised by it, was expecting a bunch of short throwaway tracks. It's a legit album in both length and quality, pretty cool.

I hadn't got around to listening to it because I figured that being a soundtrack it wouldn't have much to offer. But now you've piqued my curiosity. I'll check it out later today.

Who's heard Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman? It fucking rules. The CRJ of 2016.

I wish I liked it more. It's not even as good as her last album, let alone E.MO.TION.

Seriously, the last Ariana Grande album was actually pretty decent. Love Me Harder was such a good track.

Back
Top Bottom