Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Ryan Adams covers "Bad and Boujee" we're allowed to beat him up, right?

Pretty sure this thread title is worse than what Cobbler would've come up with.

Donkey-Onesie-Kigurumi-Front-and-Back_zps63f11423.jpg

Anyone else listen to Cherry Glazzer? They've got a new album next week that has had three good singles so far.

If man is 5
If man is 5
If man is 5...

THEN THE DONKO IS 6

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I did find it amusing as well. Which is good because I might not be so dead inside after all.

So I started my work day with a site visit to some company's office (before they start their day) to look at some work.
In the open office, on one wall are 4 framed album covers in a square formation:
Vitalogy, War, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, and Led Zeppelin III.
Figure somebody in that office and I are kindred spirits.

I've finally found time to sit down with RTJ 3. They're doing the same as on the previous two albums but I'm not getting tired of it. El-P is an incredible producer. And the lyrics are damn funny but also moving once in a while (Thursday in the Danger Room).

Does it it count as a 2017 album? It'll definitely make my list if that's the case.

I didn't actually care for RTJ3 at first because it felt like such a retread, but after several listens it's starting to grow on me. The beats on Stay Gold and Panther Like a Panther are hard as fuck.

I didn't actually care for RTJ3 at first because it felt like such a retread, but after several listens it's starting to grow on me. The beats on Stay Gold and Panther Like a Panther are hard as fuck.

Agreed. It grew on me quite a bit too, but I think it's easily my least favorite of the three. The run time doesn't help.

I was thinking about going to see Black Mountain at a bar in Long Beach, but now that I'm listening to In the Future (the only album of theirs that I own), I'm remembering how much I can't stand her fucking warbling.

Felt like listening to some early 00s stuff and pulled out Aaliyah's self-titled. Really surprised by how good it is. Kind of dated but still delicious production.

I was thinking about going to see Black Mountain at a bar in Long Beach, but now that I'm listening to In the Future (the only album of theirs that I own), I'm remembering how much I can't stand her fucking warbling.

I listened back to some of their older stuff before their show in Melbourne last October and remembered why it wasn't until IV that I really got into them. But on that album she's easily the star.

And even on the older stuff the guy's vocals annoy me more.

How were they live? Pink Mountaintops were terrible.

It was enjoyable, but the highlight was a one-off where they did this crazy 15+ minute encore jam with a local musician, Miles Brown, who's this theremin virtuoso.

Not sure why it took me so long to discover T. Rex's Electric Warrior, other than Bang A Gong. It's pretty fantastic, one of the best glam albums this side of Bowie. There's something almost improvisational about it, with the jam-like nature of some of the songwriting, and yet parts of it feel like stadium anthems. The guitar work is great, the lyrics are weird, and the vocal delivery is fantastic throughout the whole thing. Wonderful stuff.

I've been on a T Rex kick lately. Prior to this, I really didn't listen to them enough.

Electric Warrior is a top 50 album for me.

I will definitely check their other stuff. Glad to know there are other Electric Warrior fans here.

Follow it up with The Slider, which is nearly as good if a track or two too long.

That glorious Cmaj7. That chorus. :bow:

Back
Top Bottom