Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friggin' Cobbler has clearly never listened to Guided By Voices.

I actually listened to Bankrupt for the first time in years just last week. Definitely not a shit album, but I did find it to be frontloaded.

I liked Bankrupt too, it was just a bit of a letdown from Wolfgang Amadeus

Did anyone here ever like Incubus? I see their first album in six years is sitting at a 48 on metacritic.

Last edited:
The new single is pretty good.

The first half of Bankrupt! is really good. Trying To Be Cool especially. It starts going downhill with the title track.

Pretty meh on the new Feist. I got a sneak peek last week, writing a review. I like it more than Metals, but I really prefer her first two albums.

"Millennial pink won’t warm over. "

THE FUCK?

Although:

"With the money used to hire the gardener for the album cover’s hedge, Feist could have paid a poet double. "

LOL

overall: way harsh, Tai.

I'm shocked by how much I dislike this new Gorillaz album. I can't even pinpoint a cogent reason why. The songs just blow.

This is especially odd because, out of eleventy billion pre-release singles, I managed to listen to the only two really great ones. Ascension and Andromeda live up to the Gorillaz brand and then some.

I'm really hoping this band releases a full-length in the near future, because their EP from last year was awesome:

Remember in the 90s when bands would have a "hidden track" on a CD that was separated by like 20 blank tracks? That was one of the stupidest trends of the CD era.

This thread has been up seemingly forever, and I'm tempted to just shitpost until it's run its course, mainly because the title irritates the hell out of me. But I will resist.

I've never really listened to Blur, but I just found a ridiculous price on this box set and I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Plus none of you ever want to talk about Sylvan Esso, but "Die Young" is the current song of the year.

Back
Top Bottom