Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God damn, I'm so out of the loop...I didn't even realize the XX album was out already. Need to go buy that shit. "On Hold" is hot.

Slowpoke_ab65d7_2595000.jpg

Yeah man, there's this new band called Fleetwood Mac as well, they just released a new album called Rumours.
Oh nice, there's also a new band with some post-punk sounds, sharp and icy lead guitar, and a bombastic frontman. Their album is called Boy and the band is called THE 2.

Out of curiosity I listened to the new Linkin Park song. Hahaha.

I honestly can't believe they're still a band. I wonder if they still play "One Step Closer" or "In the End"? That must seem pretty ridiculous.

'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge
AND I'M ABOUTTA BREEAAKKK!!!!

Did you move back to Japan?

Yeah I moved back to Japan last year so that I can go to grad school. Sure I could've stayed in Us but I couldn't really expect myself to get into Us grad school that's as good as my parents would like, so.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah I moved back to Japan last year so that I can go to grad school. Sure I could've stayed in Us but I couldn't really expect myself to get into Us grad school that's as good as my parents would like, so.

That's cool! Where are you at in Japan?

When someone's your son, it's so much easier to tslk to them. I was able to ask Brandon if Crocodiles were going to play a Crocodiles set after they got done as a backing band to this dreadful "singer." They are! Right now!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Also listened to "Heroes" (Blackout is another disgustingly underrated Bowie song) and got halfway through Here Come the Warm Jets, which will quickly become a favourite if Side B is as good as Side A. It makes a walk home in the dark creepy as all hell.

Also listened to "Heroes" (Blackout is another disgustingly underrated Bowie song) and got halfway through Here Come the Warm Jets, which will quickly become a favourite if Side B is as good as Side A. It makes a walk home in the dark creepy as all hell.

It is just as good.

And the final, title track is probably the best thing he ever recorded under his own name.

I actually hate Pitchfork now because they've strayed so far away from rock music.

Any good publications you all use that actually highlights groups that actually utilize a guitar player?

I actually hate Pitchfork now because they've strayed so far away from rock music.

Any good publications you all use that actually highlights groups that actually utilize a guitar player?
I like drowned in sound, personally, but it's been a while since I've read them regularly.

The Rolling Stone year-end list can be pretty exciting if U2 and Bruce Springsteen release albums in the same year.

I still buy Q magazine as an import solely for the reviews. They cover a really broad range of genres, and I've found a boatload of new-to-me stuff thanks to them. I looked into subscribing, even if just for the online access, but it's literally cheaper for me to buy it at one of the local shops that carries it.

(Also, they really like U2 and Elbow, so it's nice to see my favorite bands fawned over in print.)

Dude, be open minded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom