Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pizza fuckin sucks. End of story

facepalm.jpg

I'm always horrified when I see somebody in Melbourne ordering Domino's, or from a similar chain like Pizza Hut.

You live in one of the cities best known for Italian cuisine, with a plethora of fantastic little pizza places everywhere, and you're ordering fucking chain pizza? Do you have rocks for brains?

One of the worst food decisions I ever made was ordering Dominos delivery in Costa Rica. We had hiked 10 miles and were in no shape to go out. The Dominos cost $35 for essentially a piece of cardboard with some burnt cheese.

I don't forget the sauce, but I tend to go light on it.

Margherita style with chunks of fresh tomato instead of a thick sauce is my favorite of all.

I don't know if Dominos still does that to the crunchy crust one because crunchy crust is gross and basically like a pizza on a giant cracker. But they did cut it in squares the one time i made the mistake of thinking thin crust wouldn't be crunchy. They're a tolerable chain but if i'm faced with dominos as my only pizza choice, stuffed cheesy breads are the way to go.

Most pizza shops in Western MA, unless you specify pie cut, are total savages and cut it in squares. The ones that do slices are deceptive. Because if you buy a couple slices of pizza, they're normal. But then if you look at the whole pizza part of the menu, instead of diameter distinguishing the differences between small/med/large, they'll have it listed by number of slices. It's kind of sneaky.

I mean it's fine and I like it and I will eat it but it's the most overrated food on earth.

I mean Cobbler's fine and I like him and I will talk to him but he's the most overrated person on earth.

As for Dominos, here in Australia at any rate, I could never put my finger on quite what their problem was. It's the sauce I think. The brand of sauce they, ah, source. A lot of chain type food places have this problem. I mean, there's only so much you could do to fuck up olives, pepperoni, onion, capsicum etc. It is either the sauce or the cheese or the bread.

Read this on the paper yesterday, and yes, it's a great essay. The care put into choosing those 10 laters was really amazing to see.

Important and touching article, NSW. I nearly cried several times, which says a lot for a girl with no emotions. Then I forwarded it to a handful of people. Thank you for posting.

Just came across this tweet and immediately thought of THE CLIQUE:

[TWEET]823779912725237761[/TWEET]

Back
Top Bottom