Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently it's only the first of four EPs in a series as well: "The Search for Everything."

Reminds me... how the hell is Taylor Swift gonna recover from her annus horribilis? She's gonna have to make the best pop album of all time to get people back on side. People are sick of her shit.

Good haul in the last week:

Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets
Brian Eno - Reflection
RTJ3
Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody

Need to check out the Bonobo record before I commit to buying it. Songs I've heard bored me. Will need a Cirrus to get me going.

Domino's used to do that on their crunchy thin crust, no idea if they still do, haven't had Domino's in over a decade.
They've changed a ton (for the better, they're now my favorite chain pizza place). They definitely did do thin crust, but did they cut it into squares?

15068356_10155754666298868_4023886574979633411_o_zps5k9jyb2f.jpg

1. Does this mean LC! is Cobbler's new favorite band?

2. How fat will Gareth be by album #7??

3. I miss Aleks and Ellen

Update: both the new Arcade Fire and the new Gorillaz songs suck arse.

I quite like the Gorillaz track. It doesn't have much going for it musically but I love the vocal performance by Benjamin Clementine. It really makes the whole track work.

I might have to miss their Brooklyn show because of a trip. Was really excited about it.

I look forward to Gareth's Snorlax onesie.

Nabbed tickets to their Teragram Ballroom show with Crying and I'm psyched as fuck.

Gareth might have to buy a twosie at this point.

Haven't bought tickets myself. After seeing them every time they came through town beginning with Youngster, I missed them for No Blues (an album I loved) and likely will this time as well.

Considering I still count them at the top of my favorite active bands list alongside The 2!, that says something about how much I care about live music these days.

I had a chance to hear the whole AFI album today. There are a few clunky moments but also some nice, dark sounds that I think I can get into. I really want to sit down with the lyrics the next time I listen. Their best albums are always thematically cohesive. Maybe that's in the lyrics for this one. I'm not sure yet. But I think I'm gonna like it overall.

Also I now only get pizza from two places. Hell and Sal's. Hell is a chain that do a pizza with a slice with the world's hottest chili on it (and it's a great kick, I wish I could get it on all slices, with a bottle of milk however) and Sal's is effectively a stereotyped New York pizzeria that shows in up in hipster areas in New Zealand, but once you've got cheese in your beard, you kinda don't care that you look like a wanker.

Back
Top Bottom