Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like TV on the Radio. I never actually listened to their first record. It kind of passed me by, not really sure why. Seasons was great, I think I just cottoned on too late.

Fourth record. They've been around quite a while.

Thanks, now i know to do a Martha and not update the app :up:

I don't even remember telling mine to update, and I sure don't have anything set to update automatically. I'm normally the last person to run an update even when it's a clear improvement so I'm miffed I've somehow acquired this ad-laden one.

And bloody hell will we ever get Twitter support?!

And two of those are better than Singles.

In Evening Air is a gem.

Anyone listen to Priests' debut album that just dropped? It's a pretty awesome, fast, weird bit of punk.

On my list for today. I started listening to it the other night and just wasn't in the mood at the time. Definitely has that angry 80s New York no wave sound going for it.

Last edited:
I don't often get into mashup albums because they typically are really disjointed and shitty with zero replay value, but this new Neil Cicierega project is a blast. Fucking hilarious, inventive and even features some rather meaningful satire in spots. It's like someone took the internet in 2017 and made a made a coherent album out of it. It's free to stream here:

MOUTH MOODS

For better or worse, you will recognize all of the samples. He doesn't dig deep and it's more of a celebration/critique of surface-level culture. Of course, the best part is the chopping of lyrics from established hits into weird new narratives, not sticking two songs together, which anybody with sound editing software can do.

So thanks to this album, I saw the video for Ghostbusters (theme song) for the first time. Holy. Shit. What a weird-ass trip.

And thanks to the internet, I found this AMAZING article about the making of:

The Inside Story Of The 'Ghostbusters' Music Video

Too many gems to count, just read it all, you'll laugh, I can almost guarantee it.

Well, my parents sure got sick of hearing that bassline on the piano. That was the best part to play! ;-) I was SO into that movie. I loved my tee shirt, I wore out the soundtrack, saw it over and over with my best friend.

That Priests album is really enjoyable.

I love the Pylon influences on this one and the cowbell is killer:

New Tennis album coming soon:

At first I thought this band was terribly boring, but they have grown on me a hell of a lot lately.

Martha, please please listen to the new Kairson; IRSE record. It's on bandcamp and youtube in full.

This song is all it should take to win you over:

Holy shit this song fucking rules paging all 90s alt rock fans

I'm going to make a pledge to listen to every Best New Track on Pitchfork from now on to try and expose myself to more new music.

Back
Top Bottom