Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even Stapp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ten year old car that has a cd played that plays MP3 discs so I still have a use for CDs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't miss CDs at all. and I don't even want vinyls. those "analog warmness" seems nonsense to me and I hated to feel like I'm stuck in 70s. in terms of technology of course.

I love the fact that 2 strangers with David Bowie avatar has different angle about the topic MD. i just love it.

oh wait MDs existed outside of Japan? I thought we're the only people who use something as lame as minidisc.

Yep. Released in 1992. The pre-recorded discs died out pretty quickly, but lots of people used them to make mixtapes.

I had a home deck with a digital input for recording from CD, and a MD Walkman.

I'm listening to this right now: http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/money_f3/suicide_songs/

I'm only two tracks in, but:

1) I'm getting the feels listening to it.
2) Dream Pop should be the first genre tag
3) If it were just a little gazier, I'd think I'd walked right back into the early 90s, listening to this.

I'm up to the fourth track and I could see a case for dream pop (though I'd go secondary), but I'm not hearing a shred of 'gaziness yet.

I still have all my CDs, but it's been a while since I've bought non-digital music. I like spotify when it's not being an asshole. Lately it's decided with certain albums (only on my computer though, no problems with my phone or ipad) that I don't want to listen to the song I picked and I want to hear something 3 or 4 tracks down the album. Like with Shearwater, it only let's me listen to the last track on Rook. It's annoying, but 1) I own it on CD and 2) there's always YouTube. Same thing with Xiu Xiu, it only wanted to let me listen to half of Fabulous Muscles yesterday. The tracks weren't grayed out, so I don't get it.

Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even...

I probably just need to update it. Or un-update since nothing on my phone has been updated in ages (ios6 for life) and it works just fine there. Plus the ui isn't half as obnoxious as my more recently updated ipad app.

Oh and it's great for all the totally out of character for me stuff I've been listening to a lot over the past year.

None of this discussion is making me want to try Spotify.

Honestly I think it's great. I never gave streaming services the time of day until I got six months of free Spotify Premium with a new phone last year. I was more than happy to start paying once the six months ended.

It's cool that it syncs up to last.fm too, although I think I shut mine off so no one would know how many times I listened to Adam Lambert's "Ghost Town." Oops.

Google Play: Huge library, YouTube Red, YouTube INTEGRATION to the streaming music service, AND 50,000 song library to upload to as well. Same price as Spotify.

I'm still waiting for something to happen during this trial that makes me realize it's a shit service, but nothing's showing up yet as a negative.

Yep. Released in 1992. The pre-recorded discs died out pretty quickly, but lots of people used them to make mixtapes.

I had a home deck with a digital input for recording from CD, and a MD Walkman.

oh yeah I remember my dad having MD walkman at some point. and CD walkman to study English (basically listen to recording of CNN news)

Im fine with Spotify free. i know I'm cheap.

I was until the 6th time they interrupted Agnostic Front to tell me about some David Guetta bullshit. I didn't even know who that was, but I learned to want to stab him in the face with a rusty fork really fast.

I don't know why but my Spotify kept having condom commercial so many times despite the fact that I never got laid. i know, right?

I'm fine with Spotify.
Google Play: Huge library, YouTube Red, YouTube INTEGRATION to the streaming music service, AND 50,000 song library to upload to as well. Same price as Spotify.
oh shit.

I was until the 6th time they interrupted Agnostic Front to tell me about some David Guetta bullshit. I didn't even know who that was, but I learned to want to stab him in the face with a rusty fork really fast.
seriously. the rates at which spotify interrupts to advertise something is getting ridiculous. it seems like every 2-3 songs now whereas maybe six months ago i would get an ad maybe twice in an album. they don't even tailor what you hear based on what you're playing. i noticed it, funnily enough while listening to agnostic front. it'd be hardcore punk and then an ad for...i don't know, some female pop singer. really jarring and hilarious, but annoying. and always the same ad. they really only have one ad going at any given moment? i'm not willing to pay to stream, what makes them think i'm going to pay to download some random album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom