Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even Stapp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. That ... does not raise much more than a "meh" from me. I'd go see him if he played here but I just really want either a 3000 solo album or an Outkast record. The former is unlikely and the latter will signal the sign of the apocalypse.

Fucking hell. That is incredibly annoying. I wonder why. Must be a similar reason to why some can't listen to Pop but I can.

It only lets me listen to half of pop, the other half of the tracks are grayed out.

i'm going to just go and assume this saul williams song is supposed to remind me of at the drive in.

Tidal is still operational? I thought that thing had completely flopped already.

I just have Spotify, which I really like. I was fine with the free version and tolerated the ads, and then we got free premium subscriptions through work (I have no idea why), and it's pretty great.

Starbucks has recently changed from iTunes to Spotify for their in-store music promotion. They used to give out those iTunes download cards; now they just have the app that links to Starbuck's playlists on Spotify.

I would assume employee premium accounts was part of the deal.

It was like one long drone with literally zero audience interaction. If you were on ketamine or something it would probably be pretty sweet.

I liked it. There was a steady rain shower and if everyone had shut the fuck up it would have been next level.

Like, if I had known what it was going to be going in, I wouldn't have been so disappointed and annoyed. It was like an anti-concert.

Also, I am now listening to HTDAAB. Wtf.

A Man and a Woman is so fucking good. Probably the best song on this album, in fact. The only one that has aged well and doesn't sound like a U2 pisstake.

Like, if I had known what it was going to be going in, I wouldn't have been so disappointed and annoyed. It was like an anti-concert.

I'm so glad it was just a mid-day festival set, and not something I'd gone out of my way to go to.

Also, I am now listening to HTDAAB. Wtf.

A Man and a Woman is so fucking good. Probably the best song on this album, in fact. The only one that has aged well and doesn't sound like a U2 pisstake.

Have you disowned your namesake??

I guess we'll have to start calling you Mawwer.

Friggin' Mawwer

Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even...

AMAAWer vs. COBLer. It's an acronym thing.

You don't think we call you Cobbler because you make shoes, right?

Last edited:
sometimes i listen to white crosses, transgender dysphoria blues, or reinventing axl rose and think against me could easily be one of my favorite bands. then i remember new wave and searching for a former clarity. i hold pretty much the opposite opinion on against me that i have on bands like afi or the alkaline trio in terms of what their best albums are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom