Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some fantastic songs on there, but it seems very Brownstein-heavy in terms of the vocals, when Tucker used to sing a vast majority of the tracks on every album. Not that Brownstein is bad, but I’m wondering how much writing Tucker was doing by comparison.

There’s a Pitchfork interview about the album today and I’m pretty sure Brownstein was quoted as answering like 7 of the 9 questions asked.

It’s more interesting than No Cities to Love, that’s for sure. Whether it’s better is another question.

Carrie has become the face of the band since Portlandia, so she likely feels the need to take charge in interviews as well.

The previous album was James Blake cosplay with only a couple of well-written songs, but at least this one sounds more like classic Bon Iver. It's like the second and third albums spliced together.

He hasn't been able to put together a good batch of songs in a while, only fragments of interesting ideas. Go to the cabin in Wisconsin before spending hours and hours fucking around with the DAW.

Last edited:
The previous album was James Blake cosplay with only a couple of well-written songs, but at least this one sounds more like classic Bon Iver. It's like the second and third albums spliced together.

He hasn't been able to put together a good batch of songs in a while, only fragments of interesting ideas. Go to the cabin in Wisconsin before spending hours and hours fucking around with the DAW.

Last time I was in a cabin in Wisconsin, I had country music forced on me and drank too many White Claws.

I'm late, but I just want to say that this:
It’s overrated. And as far as triple albums go I’d put it well below Sandinista.

There’s my thoughts on All Things Must Pass.

And George didn’t deserve more than 2-3 tracks per Beatles album. He was considerably inferior and limited as a songwriter compared to John and Paul.
Is my favorite laz post ever.

That being said, I actually still haven't heard All Things Must Pass, but that's because George is my least favorite Beatle. :\

I'm late, but I just want to say that this:Is my favorite laz post ever.

That being said, I actually still haven't heard All Things Must Pass, but that's because George is my least favorite Beatle. :\
^^ Things you wish someone would have posted before you married them

SMH

Shura's new album is an easy entry into my top 10 of 2019. Forevher or, as I prefer to call it, Sexy Lesbian Bedroom Jams Vol. 1 is perfect for anyone who thought Constant Conversations was the best song on Gossamer or if you think All That is a top 5 Carly song.

These are my highlights but every single song has a lot to offer.

Did GAF take over Pitchfork??

5 Taylor Swift album reviews on the front page.
I just glanced at the scores and it looks like they actually got it right as far as giving Fearless, Speak Now, and Red the highest grades. They are her greatest albums by far.

Also, the title track to the new album is the best thing she's written in years.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom