Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was Goths their last one (before the new one of course)? Anyway, it was a good record. Still get a chuckle out of Andrew Eldritch Is Going Back To Leeds. :)
Yes, Goths was their last one, just a hair under two years ago.

Rain in Soho is so, so good.

Iggy Pop has been in town touring and I'm really regretting not going. Lust for Life is one of my favourite records, I've not listened to anything else by him, but I just didn't think to go. Reviews have been amazing and the setlist looks pretty great too. I've spent the last couple of days listening to The Idiot, not sure why I didn't many years ago... it's terrific. Right up my alley. Dum Dum Boys, Mass Production, Sister Midnight, Somebody's Calling Me, the original China Girl... amazing.

Iggy Pop has been in town touring and I'm really regretting not going. Lust for Life is one of my favourite records, I've not listened to anything else by him, but I just didn't think to go. Reviews have been amazing and the setlist looks pretty great too. I've spent the last couple of days listening to The Idiot, not sure why I didn't many years ago... it's terrific. Right up my alley. Dum Dum Boys, Mass Production, Sister Midnight, Somebody's Calling Me, the original China Girl... amazing.
You should feel regret.

Just have to say that the song “Ten Thousand Feet” by I See Stars is one of the craziest, yet enjoyable songs I’ve heard recently.

Veteran Bulletin:

Prince Estate to Release ‘Originals’ Album: His Versions of Songs He Gave to Other Artists (EXCLUSIVE)

Bruce Springsteen Announces New Album Western Stars

I’m whatever about the Prince thing, they should be prioritizing a Sign O’ the Times set over all of this random shit. I really hope we don’t have to wait for the 25th anniversary in 2022.

Def glad to hear Bruce has new originl material, and that he’s trying a different sonic approach. Jon Bruno is never a bad sign. If this is reviewed well, and he somehow manages to make the AOTY cut, certainly possible that they give him a career award. An old person hasn’t won in 10 years though (Robert Plant & Alison Krauss), unless you want to count Beck. So that ship may have sailed.

the new schoolboy q album is out toda. got a couple clunkers on it but overall pretty solid, 7 or 8 out of 10. i think it's definitely an improvement on blank face. numb numb juice, crash, and 5200 are early highlights. will definitely be listening to it again a few times.

the new schoolboy q album is out toda. got a couple clunkers on it but overall pretty solid, 7 or 8 out of 10. i think it's definitely an improvement on blank face. numb numb juice, crash, and 5200 are early highlights. will definitely be listening to it again a few times.

I felt the opposite. Only a first listen but I was very meh on it. Thought it was pretty flat and lacking the unique edge that Q normally brings to his songs/records. Numb Numb Juice was the highlight for me because it really snaps your neck. Blank Face is like many hip-hop records, really good but has four or five songs that you could easily live without, but on first listen CrasH Talk didn't give me much at all.

I thought it was pretty damn bad to his standards, very uninspired and compromised in some ways. Jay Rock's album was disappointing too, so I'm starting to worry about TDE.

i was really looking forward to it, maybe i caught hype fever. :shrug: i'll listen to it again this weekend and see how i feel.

Finally sat down with Remind Me Tomorrow. Can we name some albums on which one song is so far ahead of every other song on the album? Seventeen is so fucking amazing, but everything else on the record is so far behind. I really like Hands. I don't outright dislike any songs but Seventeen is just so far ahead. I'm seeing her next month so I'm hoping it'll be one of those shows where it elevates the studio recordings for you.

Also, if anyone can tell me what song Seventeen reminds them of I would be so grateful. It's driving me nuts. Is it a Springsteen song? Or is it just a song that sounds vaguely like a lot of poppy indie rock / Springsteen.

Finally sat down with Remind Me Tomorrow. Can we name some albums on which one song is so far ahead of every other song on the album? Seventeen is so fucking amazing, but everything else on the record is so far behind. I really like Hands. I don't outright dislike any songs but Seventeen is just so far ahead. I'm seeing her next month so I'm hoping it'll be one of those shows where it elevates the studio recordings for you.

Also, if anyone can tell me what song Seventeen reminds them of I would be so grateful. It's driving me nuts. Is it a Springsteen song? Or is it just a song that sounds vaguely like a lot of poppy indie rock / Springsteen.

While Seventeen is indeed a stellar song and the best one of that album, I don't think some are that far behind. I also think that opener I Told You Everything, Comeback Kid and You Shadow are really good. On that last one I think she sounds quite like Aimee Mann. Seventeen does not immediately remind me of another song.

Back
Top Bottom