Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kurt Vile playing in this Target. And not even in a hipster neighborhood. I guess he’s really made it now.

The new Sleater-Kinney song is fantastic. You can definitely hear the St. Vincent influence. But it's very much a SK song.

The new Cate le Bon album is definitely worth a listen. One of the more idiosyncratic things I have heard lately.

Back in 2015-2016 Steve Lillywhite produced Thai band Slot Machine's first english album called Spin the World, which I very much liked. Not like I didn't enjoy their Thai language stuff before, but it makes it easier to follow along. Though I do prefer the video for the Thai version of Sweet Bird.

Last edited:
From Slot Machine's next album with several tracks produced by Brandon Darner, Know Your Enemy:

Interview with the band and Darner: Spin the world some more

We Come In Peace (in Thai):

Last edited:
So this is kind of a big deal:

Apple Plans End of iTunes

It would be a little conservative to continue using something with "tunes" in the name that now encompasses so much more media, like iBooks, movies, podcasts, TV shows, etc. So this is a sensible rebranding to keep appearing cutting edge.

Just the end of an era in some ways, considering it's how so many people have been buying/playing/streaming for close to 2 decades.

Another way to look at it is that the format of the media itself isn't going to change, just divided up in to specific apps. So it's not like having to upgrade your VHS tapes and cassettes to DVDs and CDs.

So this is kind of a big deal:

Apple Plans End of iTunes

It would be a little conservative to continue using something with "tunes" in the name that now encompasses so much more media, like iBooks, movies, podcasts, TV shows, etc. So this is a sensible rebranding to keep appearing cutting edge.

Just the end of an era in some ways, considering it's how so many people have been buying/playing/streaming for close to 2 decades.

Another way to look at it is that the format of the media itself isn't going to change, just divided up in to specific apps. So it's not like having to upgrade your VHS tapes and cassettes to DVDs and CDs.
As long as I can still upload my music and integrate it with Apple Music...though I've been leaving more towards Google Pixel phones now so that might not matter to me anymore.

Pavement Announce Reunion Shows

I didn't care much for the 2010 reunion show at the Hollywood Bowl that I saw, as it was a little too Crooked Rain/Slanted & Enchanted-heavy for my tastes. And this is also coming from someone who saw them like 10x back in the day and was always right at the front rail under Malkmus, so my perspective is a little skewed.

Will be cool for people who never saw them, I suppose. But Malkmus's usual stony, DGAF live demeanor that was so cool in the 90s isn't improved when he's going through the motions so everyone can make some money and makes him look even more disinterested. He seems happier in the Jicks and all the shows I've seen with that band have been better than the Pavement reunion one.

:shrug:

Yeah same, I use iTunes Match. I rely very heavily on iTunes so I’m hoping the replacement isn’t much different.

I'm assuming that the new "Music" app will still have iTunes Match, probably under another name, but I guess we will see.

I still can't get used to the idea of having a "library" of streamed music. Just doesn't feel permanent.

I only use iTunes to get music onto my iPod classic ... I guess I'll just hang onto my old version of iTunes until it dies, or my iPod dies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom