Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:13 AM
my classic rock radio loving father told me once a little over a year ago that he thought greta van fleet was another nirvana and was about to kickstart an entire new wave of innovation in (mainstream) rock.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #107
45:33

Local Time: 09:13 PM
also, listened to the new VW album, and it didn't sound very good to me.

cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 AM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
my classic rock radio loving father told me once a little over a year ago that he thought greta van fleet was another nirvana and was about to kickstart an entire new wave of innovation in (mainstream) rock.
Nirvana had a unique sound that spoke to generational angst. Greta Van Fleet is a mediocre Led Zeppelin tribute band.
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:55 AM   #109
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Is Autumn Sweater a well-known Yo La Tengo song? My partner just has Spotify playing and it's really, really nice. I've never heard it before.
My favorite song of theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Very excited about it. I have avoided the new songs so that I can hear the full thing tomorrow.

I will still go to war over the greatness of Modern Vampires...
Samesies.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:55 AM   #110
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:50 AM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

I’ve only ever heard of Greta Van Fleet on this forum.

dumb name.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:51 AM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

Greta Van Fleet sounds like the name of a cool Dutch singer. You look at the photos of the band (if you do) and you wonder, 'which one's Greta'?
Kieran McConville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:24 AM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I say it really quickly so it sounds like I'm saying Greg Fleet
kabigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:33 AM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

Erica Betz
Old 05-03-2019, 06:10 AM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Sorry if my excitement over a band I recently discovered was annoying. Just thought I’d share my excitement over it in here because ummmm...that’s what people do in this thread.

But for a mod to start a thread with the intention of singling out and trolling a member of almost 20 years is probably one of the more childish things I’ve seen here. Diemen, is your intention was to lose yet another member, mission accomplished. Not going to be subjected to that kind of behavior.

There are a good number of you that I’m friends with on Facebook and you can find me there... and please keep in touch.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Greta Van Fleet sounds like the name of a cool Dutch singer. You look at the photos of the band (if you do) and you wonder, 'which one's Greta'?
When I first heard the name a couple years ago I assumed it was a female solo artist, possibly Scandinavian, then I heard one of their songs and thought somebody unearthed something Jimmy Page had thrown out not intending for it to ever see the light of day and was really confused upon hearing it was Greta Van Fleet, thought that she had a very manly voice.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 AM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Sorry if my excitement over a band I recently discovered was annoying. Just thought I’d share my excitement over it in here because ummmm...that’s what people do in this thread.

But for a mod to start a thread with the intention of singling out and trolling a member of almost 20 years is probably one of the more childish things I’ve seen here. Diemen, is your intention was to lose yet another member, mission accomplished. Not going to be subjected to that kind of behavior.

There are a good number of you that I’m friends with on Facebook and you can find me there... and please keep in touch.
i get your point but please also understand from our perspective how irritating it became to have biffy clyro shoehorned into damn near every conversation in this thread regardless of the topic. it was mildly amusing the first couple times, the 30th time not so much. you know as well as anyone else around here how we have a tendency to turn annoying posts into over-the-top jokes and memes (coughredhillcough).

anyways i hope you stick around.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post

I gotta be honest, it didn't much impress me, irregardless of my (nonexistent) opinion of Biffy Clyro.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #119
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
When I first heard the name a couple years ago I assumed it was a female solo artist, possibly Scandinavian, then I heard one of their songs and thought somebody unearthed something Jimmy Page had thrown out not intending for it to ever see the light of day and was really confused upon hearing it was Greta Van Fleet, thought that she had a very manly voice.
What I can't figure is why do all these seventies-leaning revival acts always reach for Plant/Page? To me Led Zeppelin weren't even that interesting the first time around.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

it's not really my kind of music to be up to speed on but haven't there been a shit ton of artists lately ripping off taking a lot of inspiration from the glam rock/t rex sort of aesthetic?