Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain ~ Steven Tyler

Guys...why...why do they keep having Alicia Keys host the Grammys? She is absolutely the worst host I've ever seen of anything ever. She's always so high. She just sits behind a piano and sings about what she sees ala Randy Newman. I just...don't get it.

i had every intention of watching the grammys this year. lizzo was fuckin' awesome. and then alicia keys started to do this and it went on so damn long that my face started to hurt from cringing so i gave up and changed the channel.

I wish I had discovered the latest Cate le Bon album earlier. This is pretty excellent.

I wish I had discovered the latest Cate le Bon album earlier. This is pretty excellent.
Yeah, it's pretty fresh and creative. Not sure why more critics/outlets didn't go to bat for it, especially as an industry veteran.

Why the hell did I not hear Chromatics' "Time Rider" until two days ago.

What a great song.

Is there anything at all happening on this forum other than the usual centrist suspects wanking on FYM and the usual misfits telling us what they're seeing smelling touching tasting hitting honking hurling?

I only ever really visit FYM these days and when I do I skip nearly every post except for Dave C's (or PFan's, whenever he pops up).

Is there anything at all happening on this forum other than the usual centrist suspects wanking on FYM and the usual misfits telling us what they're seeing smelling touching tasting hitting honking hurling?
I still make references to Biffy Clyro and Dance Gavin Dance from time to time.

I only ever really visit FYM these days and when I do I skip nearly every post except for Dave C's (or PFan's, whenever he pops up).

giphy.gif

Honking this forum now, will have a nap soon

Not a whole lot. It’s sad what it’s become. I’m not really helping the matter being like a 99% lurker nowadays, though. My one recent post is probably in a thread no one looks at anyway. Heh.

Thoughts on the new Torres record? I really love it. It’s the first new album so far this year that I’ve had on repeat. Might be her best work to date.

Thoughts on the new Torres record? I really love it. It’s the first new album so far this year that I’ve had on repeat. Might be her best work to date.

I love it. I thought Three Futures was great, and this one goes in the same direction with a more polished and refined sound (particularly compared to her first two records). Dressing America is so gorgeous

This week has been pretty awesome with this one, Destroyer and the Wild Nothing EP.

I still make references to Biffy Clyro and Dance Gavin Dance from time to time.

Bon the Miff.

Not a whole lot. It’s sad what it’s become. I’m not really helping the matter being like a 99% lurker nowadays, though. My one recent post is probably in a thread no one looks at anyway. Heh.

Chucked a post there the other day. Wild to realise it was over a decade ago now that that place was a madhouse.

Ooh, didn't realise it was out yet. I keep finding that I really enjoy one song from her albums but don't return to the rest much. I'd love one to click more than that.

Caspian and Lotus Thief have both put out good albums already this year, though the Caspian one is below their best and I wish they hadn't mucked around with vocals or slower tracks. They're best when slamming out the likes of "Fire Made Flesh".

You've now summoned Cobbler to show up and write an essay about OBC, think about what you've just done matey.

In terms of Floyd soundtracks, I prefer More to OBC. It's spotty as hell, but also charming in its eclectism.

Back
Top Bottom