Random Music CXXV: Least necessary thread edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in toronto that guy would look and smell like he hadn't showered in 72 hours and start demanding money from everyone on the way out of the train, and also it would be an average tuesday.

yeah I've been to the States a few times so I know all about the crazies on the public transport.

it just made me so happy because that's exactly how we view all Americans, and the way we told him to shut up and fuck off in such an Aussie way - "yeah, thanks mate"

we don't get it as much here. there's a dude that stands outside the pub across the road from Flinders St Station that rants about Jesus but everyone ignores the cunt and just walks right past him. not as easy on a train. what a loser.

the company i work for is like 90% australians and nobody i know thinks like that at all but don't let me kill your vibe bro.

American exceptionalism at its finest. Loud, obnoxious, think you're better than eeeeveryone else, don't know that your shit stanks

The best part of this post is... on at least three occasions at hostels I can recall people grouping Australians, Brits, and Americans together with this sort of description.

It wouldn't be random music talk if Cobbler didn't occasionally say something confounding or offensive to someone's sensibilities

Only to come back to the post a year later like "wtf was I thinking that was bad"

Three absolute gem albums that have come out in the past few weeks:

Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

Sounds like: Feist, Julia Holter, Carole King

Orville Peck - Pony

Sounds like: Roy Orbison, Timber Timbre

Quelle Chris - Guns

Sounds like: Fuck, I don't even know. It's a strange, abstract hip hop concept album about urban gun violence that's a hazy, soulful nightmare.

Nilüfer Yanya is really promising. Very cool sound and raw vocals. I got a Frank Ocean circa Blonde meets King Krule vibe from that record.

The last track on that Fennesz album knocked me on my ass. He did a good job building everything up to that beast of a song. I hadn't heard anything from him since Becs but he seems to be settling into a nice place in his career.

Its amazing what can happen to a foreigner when they set foot on Australian soil and the only thing they can find to drink is Foster's. Turns them crazy just like all the locals.

New Idlewild album is our today, for anyone still listening to them. I liked it a decent amount more the last album on first listen. Still has a handful of clunky tracks, but I look forward to listening to several of the tracks again.

New Idlewild album is our today, for anyone still listening to them. I liked it a decent amount more the last album on first listen. Still has a handful of clunky tracks, but I look forward to listening to several of the tracks again.

I’ve been waiting for this to come out. Thank you for the heads-up. :up:

:up: I liked the one song I heard so far

This has been a good music weekend. The new albums by Priests and Lady Lamb are fantastic. For Priests, while I still like their debut better, there's plenty of strong tracks on The Seduction of Kansas. As for Lady Lamb, Even in the Tremor is the best album she's ever released. Not a weak song on it.

This has been a good music weekend. The new albums by Priests and Lady Lamb are fantastic. For Priests, while I still like their debut better, there's plenty of strong tracks on The Seduction of Kansas. As for Lady Lamb, Even in the Tremor is the best album she's ever released. Not a weak song on it.
Please listen to Weyes Blood's album. You and Gump I think would especially enjoy it, knowing your tastes.

This Weyes Blood talk reminds me of a track of her last album that I was absolutely blown away by. I hadn't listened to it in ages but it's still as great as ever. The part that starts around 02:15 and ends around 03:35 is just amazing. If it was a bit shorter I could say it was the best minute of music released in the last five years.

Weyes Blood- Seven Words

Please listen to Weyes Blood's album. You and Gump I think would especially enjoy it, knowing your tastes.

Man, this is so weird. I was at my record store yesterday, heard them play the album and bought it on the spot. Was about to come to post about it today, because I think it's fantastic. You know me too well and we never even met!

On another note, I'm not sure if there are still any Andrew Bird fans around here, but his new album, My Finest Work Yet, is quite good. He's always so consistent that I find it hard to compare his full length albums, but this one may be my favorite since Armchair Apocrypha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom