Random Music CXXV: Least necessary thread edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record I have no fucking idea what Penny Lane sounds like, bring on the friggin' Axver comments.

When I was a little kid and all I ever heard was local ABC morning radio, and I was about as out of touch with anything as I've ever been in my life, I heard Penny Lane.

i use fl studio too, i know others who use it as well so if you've ever got a question, i might be able to answer it.
My main issue right now is that, while I can program the beat in the channel rack and add it to a track in the playlist, I cannot figure out how to record a clean track over it with a) something live mic like vocals or guitar or b) something via my MIDI keyboard.
Get Reaper instead if you're using guitars and the like. Far simpler and more intuitive. FL Studio is better for making electronic/hip hop beats.
Unfortunately I already paid for FL Studio, because the tutorials led me to believe the only issues I was having with the trial version were the limitations of not having paid for it. Which turned out to be incorrect. So now I've got to figure out how to make this work.

I still own the Beatles Anthology on VHS. I have absolutely no way of watching it, nor do I even think those tapes would necessarily have held up over the years. But I’ve still got the damn set because it was like 80 bucks or some other astronomical price that took me forever to save up to buy when I was 12.

I dont know much but most people who uses FL studio is heavily reliant on the software instruments rather than the actual life instruments tho. the workflow is def better on Reaper I feel like

I still own the Beatles Anthology on VHS. I have absolutely no way of watching it, nor do I even think those tapes would necessarily have held up over the years. But I’ve still got the damn set because it was like 80 bucks or some other astronomical price that took me forever to save up to buy when I was 12.
I remember when this or some other collection came out and Penny Lane is seared into my brain forever because of the commercial for it.

A strange thing with WWE is that I have barely ever paid it attention, but through a series of coincidences happen to know three pretty prominent people working there (no actual wrestlers).

You know someone with a damn good discography that we never really talk about is Toro y Moi. I just got around to Boo Boo recently after getting really into his recent single Freelance, and that is a damn fine album. Chillwave still kicking.

You know someone with a damn good discography that we never really talk about is Toro y Moi. I just got around to Boo Boo recently after getting really into his recent single Freelance, and that is a damn fine album. Chillwave still kicking.
I love his most recent album. Not sure why people are so down on it.

Mark Hollis has died. :(
I know many argue for the Talk Talk albums Spirit Of Eden or Laughing Stock, but Colour Of Spring is the one that I think is their masterpiece. It's certainly one of my top 3 records (the others being Pet Sounds and Achtung Baby).

I'm still too sad about this to listen to anything of theirs. Hollis was a top 10 singer ever for me. If anyone has ever had a melancholy voice, it was him.

Listened to New Grass, The Rainbow and the live version of Living in Another World after I heard the news. Probably my three favourite Talk Talk tracks.

Unique voice, amazing musician.

i've tolerated, even liked, a lot of crap xiu xiu has put out. this girl with the fruit basket album is one of the dumbest things i've listened to.

Some personal news:

Baby gump was born last week on Valentine's day. Baby and mom are both doing well after some scary post-birth complications. Now I can look forward to not leaving him unattended on a table in a festival.

Congrats Gump.
You should get a good night's sleep around May.
Did he get a Valentine's day name? (Cupid Gump? Eros Gump? Valentino Gump? Hallmark Gump?)

Some personal news:

Baby gump was born last week on Valentine's day. Baby and mom are both doing well after some scary post-birth complications. Now I can look forward to not leaving him unattended on a table in a festival.
It's harder to avoid than you think. I've already been accused once and it hasn't even been 3 months

(congratulations! You missed lemel's birthday by a day.)

Mark Hollis has died. :(
I know many argue for the Talk Talk albums Spirit Of Eden or Laughing Stock, but Colour Of Spring is the one that I think is their masterpiece. It's certainly one of my top 3 records (the others being Pet Sounds and Achtung Baby).

Definitely a bummer. This randomly popped up on Twitter for me, I liked it.

[TWEET]1100442418216718338[/TWEET]

i've tolerated, even liked, a lot of crap xiu xiu has put out. this girl with the fruit basket album is one of the dumbest things i've listened to.

I Luv the Valley OH! is an awesome song I listen to quite regularly (both the original and Shearwater cover), and I found Botanica de Los Angeles from the movie Creep 2 (awesome series), but I'm pretty much entirely unfamiliar with the rest of their music.

Some personal news:

Congrats, gump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom