Random Music CXXV: Least necessary thread edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone from SoCal used Bob Hope/Burbank Airport before? How is it?
That airport is seriously great. It's just one terminal and near almost no traffic. In, out, on your way.
it's funny reading all these pearl-clutching articles about adam levine taking his shirt off at halftime and how it's apparently really unfair (and also racist and sexist) to poor janet jackson, because i have not seen literally a single one of these articles/blog posts/tweets actually remember or mention that red hot chili peppers did the entire half time show topless like 3 years ago without anyone caring whatsoever then about poor janet jackson.
That was before Justin Timberlake was invited back last year. That started heating everyone up about the situation's misogyny again. Not to mention it was reminiscent since Levine ripped his shirt off, which was clearly a more sexual thing than the RHCP being shirtless from the start.

Janet Jackson was completely screwed over, and to call her 'poor Janet jackson' is pretty misogynistic as well.
Hey, you and Lindsey Buckingham have something in common.

Glad you made it home safely.
Lindsey's situation has me pretty upset. It sounds like the damage may be pretty irreparable.

I'm sure this doesn't even come close to the craziest mosh pit behaviour ever, but yesterday at Laneway there were crowdsurfing wheelie bins with people inside.

Can't remember who it was... memory says perhaps LJT. But I've loved this song for years after it appeared in a DI:

It's from Still Smiling, an album by Blixa Bargeld and Italian composer Teho Teardo. Bargeld, I've recently found out, was a Bad Seed.

Anyway I span the album today and it's really great. Blixa sings in English, German and Italian. Very unusual sounds, lots of strings, some electronica.

Haha. How’s the new venue?

There were basically two pairs of stages with a fairly short walk between each pair. When a stage had finished, the one next to it usually started straight away. So much easier to get around.

I heard Bedroom Eyes playing in a restaurant this evening, and all of a sudden I miss Dum Dum Girls.

Her performance with St. Vincent at the Grammys was pure fire. Only matched by Janelle Monae’s powerhouse showcase.

That sucks, but it makes sense. I remember Ryan Adams weird IG posts about his ex gf where he posted her picture and captioned it “get it while it is hot”. Then he deleted his IG.

He is a gifted musician but an emotional mess of a person.

Ugh.

The music world has so far somewhat stayed largely on the sidelines of the reckoning other sectors have had in the past year or two. I hope this is the beginning of the unveiling of all of these assholes.

Also, shout out to the brave women who spoke on record, including Phoebe Bridgers. This cannot be easy for anyone, let alone young artists with an uncertain career.

Last edited:
That is a huge bummer as a fan of his music, but glad that he's getting outted for the behavior, if true (which it seems to be).

HAPPY VALENTINE
HAPPY VALENVALENTINE
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Happy valentines day...
HAPPY VALENTINE
HAPPY VALENVALENTINE
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Happy valentines day...
HAPPY VALENTINE
HAPPY VALENVALENTINE
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Happy valentines day...
HAPPY VALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENVALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENTINES DAY
Fuck that valentines day...
FUCK THAT VALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENVALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENTINES DAY
FUCK THAT VALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENVALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENTINES DAY
FUCK THAT VALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENVALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENTINES DAY
FUCK THAT VALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENVALENTINE
FUCK THAT VALENTINES DAY

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

As long as we, as a society, remain true to the principle that we still need to consider people innocent before proven guilty. I personally have recently been through a situation where an ex girlfriend and the mother of my child accused me of threatening her life when it was completely untrue and I have had to live with a false accusation in a really messy custody battle. As a victim of false activations, I will say that this nightmare has been probably close to as bad as it can get but will also acknowledge that it’s not nearly as bad as what victims of abuse go through. But with my personal experienceI think with all of this stuff coming out on so many different people, we need to at least let the facts come out and let the individuals respond With their side of the story.

As long as we, as a society, remain true to the principle that we still need to consider people innocent before proven guilty. I personally have recently been through a situation where an ex girlfriend and the mother of my child accused me of threatening her life when it was completely untrue and I have had to live with a false accusation in a really messy custody battle. As a victim of false activations, I will say that this nightmare has been probably close to as bad as it can get but will also acknowledge that it’s not nearly as bad as what victims of abuse go through. But with my personal experienceI think with all of this stuff coming out on so many different people, we need to at least let the facts come out and let the individuals respond With their side of the story.

I agree. However I would think that the prevalence of false claims would hopefully be quite low.

I agree. However I would think that the prevalence of false claims would hopefully be quite low.

They are. I don't know exact numbers, but yeah, it's been proven that false claims do not happen very often. Add in the fact that in so many of these cases, it's multiple women making these accusations, and, well, hard to claim they're all liars.

I've certainly heard of Ryan Adams, but I haven't really listened to his music outside of maybe a song or two here and there, as well as his cover of "Wonderwall". I have heard a lot about him being a jerk over the years, though, so this news doesn't surprise me.

I just...don't get how it's so hard for some guys to be decent human beings and treat women with respect. This shouldn't be that difficult a concept to grasp.

On a happier note...

Why am I just learning that this existed?

:bow:

That was neat :). Love that song-TLC had some great music.

Listening to the other song of Kasey's that was posted on the previous page now, and I'm liking that one, too. I really need to check out her work further, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom