Rammstein banned in Belarus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
The Eastern European country of Belarus' Council for Morality has declared concerts by German hard rockers Rammstein a threat to the state. The council is pulling an upcoming Rammstein concert in Minsk, citing the group's penchant for lyrics about "violence, masochism, homosexuality and other abnormalities," and saying that allowing it to go on would prove a "costly mistake" for the country According to Deutsche Welle:

The German group, which is known for the sexual and violent nature of its lyrics, was scheduled to perform at Minsk Arena on March 7.

Writer Nikolai Tcherginez, head of the government's Council for Morality said he regretted that tickets had already been sold for the concert, but that if the event were to take place, the program would need to be revised in order to prevent "extremism."

Belarus is a former Soviet republic and has been ruled since 1994 by President Alexander Lukashenko, who has been referred to as Europe's "last dictator." The country's Council for Morality, a state-sponsored censorship agency, was founded in 2009 and has been accused of suppressing freedom of opinion.
The group's most recent album was promoted in a special package with dildos, handcuffs and personal lubricant.

They didn't get this much crap on their last tour, wow!

Maybe it wasn't necessary to ban them, but yeah, can't really blame them. Every country is different.

Was this really worth a new thread though?

I think bands should be banned from countries more often. The Kinks were banned from America for years and wound up releasing all of their best albums in that time frame.

Nickelback should be banished to Canada on principle. And hey, if the UK wants Kings of Leon that badly, they can keep them.

Maybe it wasn't necessary to ban them, but yeah, can't really blame them. Every country is different.

Was this really worth a new thread though?
this forum is for general music discussion so i see nothing wrong with this thread. if you don't like the topic, no one's forcing you to post in it.

Last edited:
this forum is for general music discussion so i see nothing wrong with this thread. if you don't like the topic, no one's forcing you to post in it.

Thanks! What are we Belarus in this Forum?? I think a discussion on freedom of expression on music in this forum would seem appropriate. This is just another example from around the world.

this forum is for general music discussion so i see nothing wrong with this thread. if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to post in it.

I just thought it could've been added to the other Rammstein thread?

Alright then.

If anything, Bang and Clatter needs more new threads. Keeps things interesting and moving, not just the same 4 threads at the top of the page for weeks.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to let everyone know that I've used my connections in the Utah JUSTICE Departments to have each and everyone one of you banned from the state forever. Well, not really, but I assumed none of you would ever want to come here anyways, so it would appear to be a success for me either way.

If anything, Bang and Clatter needs more new threads. Keeps things interesting.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to let everyone know that I've used my connections in the Utah JUSTICE Departments to have each and everyone one of you banned from the state forever. Well, not really, but I assumed none of you would ever want to come here anyways, so it would appear to be a success for me either way.

Now you shut up, you!

This deals with being banned as a musician to play certain places. The other thread is just about their new album, but whatever.

I accept that.

But as far as I know the Minsk show's still going as planned.

If that was the case, how many countries would U2 have been banned in after Get On Your Boots?

The Eastern European country of Belarus' Council for Morality has declared concerts by German hard rockers Rammstein a threat to the state. The council is pulling an upcoming Rammstein concert in Minsk, citing the group's penchant for lyrics about "violence, masochism, homosexuality and other abnormalities," and saying that allowing it to go on would prove a "costly mistake" for the country According to Deutsche Welle:

The German group, which is known for the sexual and violent nature of its lyrics, was scheduled to perform at Minsk Arena on March 7.

Writer Nikolai Tcherginez, head of the government's Council for Morality said he regretted that tickets had already been sold for the concert, but that if the event were to take place, the program would need to be revised in order to prevent "extremism."

Belarus is a former Soviet republic and has been ruled since 1994 by President Alexander Lukashenko, who has been referred to as Europe's "last dictator." The country's Council for Morality, a state-sponsored censorship agency, was founded in 2009 and has been accused of suppressing freedom of opinion.
The group's most recent album was promoted in a special package with dildos, handcuffs and personal lubricant.

They didn't get this much crap on their last tour, wow!

oh man, we missed out on the dildo's, handcuffs and lubricant in Australia! :grumpy:

rammstein is rammstein... the dictator of belarus just don't understand the special sense of their humor. rammstein forever!

If anything, Bang and Clatter needs more new threads. Keeps things interesting and moving, not just the same 4 threads at the top of the page for weeks.

Strongly agreed.

Also, one of my good friends is Belarusian. We call him Tom the Belarusian. If he meets someone new, he will introduce himself as Tom the Belarusian. Drinks Vodka like it's water. Great guy.

Back
Top Bottom