Rammstein banned in Belarus - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Strongly agreed.

Also, one of my good friends is Belarusian. We call him Tom the Belarusian. If he meets someone new, he will introduce himself as Tom the Belarusian. Drinks Vodka like it's water. Great guy.
I'm Belarusian.

__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:31 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 12:45 AM
You're not nearly as cool as my friend, though.
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #33
Refugee
 
jacobus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 1,601
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Oh dear.

okay, okay. you are from belarus... i believe the 'banning(?)' of rammstein is ridiculous. my statement on the lukashenko dictatorship is based on opinions outside of belarus: Alexander Lukashenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
as you know Rammstein is a band with some provoking songs and show elements. but a lot of their lyrics are based on reality. at the moment we have a pedophilian-scandal in the roman-catholic church of germany (SPIEGEL ONLINE-report). even this scenario Rammstein worked out in a song called Hallelujah circa ten years ago YouTube - Rammstein-Hallelujah)
here in germany the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth banned their last album because of the song Ich Tu Dir Weh. the song has some references to S/M practices. the responsible minister was Mrs Ursula von der Leyen. from the day of the banning she got the nickname Zensur-Ursula
i think all of those bannings are ridiculous and hypocritical.
__________________
jacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobus View Post
okay, okay. you are from belarus... i believe the 'banning(?)' of rammstein is ridiculous. my statement on the lukashenko dictatorship is based on opinions outside of belarus: Alexander Lukashenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
as you know Rammstein is a band with some provoking songs and show elements. but a lot of their lyrics are based on reality. at the moment we have a pedophilian-scandal in the roman-catholic church of germany (SPIEGEL ONLINE-report). even this scenario Rammstein worked out in a song called Hallelujah circa ten years ago YouTube - Rammstein-Hallelujah)
here in germany the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth banned their last album because of the song Ich Tu Dir Weh. the song has some references to S/M practices. the responsible minister was Mrs Ursula von der Leyen. from the day of the banning she got the nickname Zensur-Ursula
i think all of those bannings are ridiculous and hypocritical.
Haha, yeah, that's cool.

Though the thing is ... the show's still going ahead as planned. I reckon the overseas papers were a little too quick to jump to a conclusion on the issue, in my opinion.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 AM   #35
Refugee
 
Bunbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Close yet far from home \m/
Posts: 1,580
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Well when you hear that a government labels a music group "public enemy" sounds like a big deal.
__________________
Bunbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunbury View Post
Well when you hear that a government labels a music group "public enemy" sounds like a big deal.
No doubt, we're just a wee bit protective of our own.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #37
Refugee
 
jacobus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 1,601
Local Time: 07:45 AM
i just read an article on spiegel online. the belarussion ambassador in germany Mr. Andrej Giro is rowing back... Belarussian ambassador welcomes Rammstein
article: Konflikt um Konzert: Botschafter heißt Rammstein willkommen
thank god, i feared the start of the 3rd worldwar... always the germans
__________________
jacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Well, they're definitely gonna be playing, that's for sure. They've already got their visas.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict
 
RavenBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The majestic Canuckian wilderness
Posts: 17,103
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Glad they got this sorted. When I read about this a while back I thought it was insane. But such is life.
__________________
RavenBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlue View Post
Glad they got this sorted. When I read about this a while back I thought it was insane. But such is life.
One minister can make such a big commotion.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com